Home Technical Talk

Bake Base Texture from HP in xNormal?

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys,

my hp has a multi sub object and i defined 2 colors on my mesh by useing 2 id: one is red and one is blue. i exported the hp and the lp as obj and loaded them into xnormal. normal and ao bakes worked fine but i only get a red big square when i want to bake a base texture. i need this one for masking. i tryed both options in the "bake base texture" tab. what iam doing wrong?

Replies

• m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    mobpapst wrote: »
    Hey guys,

my hp has a multi sub object and i defined 2 colors on my mesh by useing 2 id: one is red and one is blue. i exported the hp and the lp as obj and loaded them into xnormal. normal and ao bakes worked fine but i only get a red big square when i want to bake a base texture. i need this one for masking. i tryed both options in the "bake base texture" tab. what iam doing wrong?

When xNormal bakes base texture, it does different colors per hp mesh if there is no texture present. So if your HP mesh is one entity you could try having a texture that is a palette of mask colors, and just put each section on their respective colors, or you could use vertex color and bake that out for the mask instead.