Home Technical Talk

[ZBrush] Unremovable mask on polypaint?

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
Magihat ngon master
These weird "masks" appeared on my model while polypainting. They don't show up when the paint is turned off. However, they don't appear to be true masks as they can't be cleared and inverting just adds another mask upon it. It also seems that they are part of certain quads since they diminish with subdivs (and completely disappears at the third lowest).

Anyone have an idea on how to get rid of this?
IbZSj2t.png

Replies

• Ktonne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i can sometimes get this if i change the polypaint on a new layer- only sure way to get rid of it i've found is to collapse the layers
    you could try painting the existing material over it again, or fill object (again material only or you'll delete your polypaint of course)
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    To me it looks more like those areas have a different material polypainted onto them (which would explain why they are all quad-shaped instead of smoothly blended, why it disappears when polypaint is turned off, and why it isn't acting like a true mask).

Try filling the model with your desired material to see if they go away.
  • Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Yes, it seems that you both are right, many thanks! I had the same material as the one on the face selected so when I changed it these artifacts finally became visible. Filling the material solved the problem!