Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] "Project: Verloren" a Distopian Cyberpunk Inspired Environment

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
RogelioD polycounter lvl 12
"Project: Verloren" Distopian Cyberpunk Inspired Environment

Greetings everyone! After a few months at Bungie, I figure it is about time for my next environment project!

This time around I will be creating an environment heavily inspired by Kowloon (The City of Darkness) with Cyberpunk Aesthetics.

Inspiration will be drawn heavily from Kowloon, Deus Ex, The art works of Tatsuyuki Tanaka, Hashima Island, as well as other Cyberpunk and Modern aesthetics.

Goals *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

Highly Dynamic "Alive" Environment

Focus on World Building and Storytelling elements of design

Effective use of Reference

3 Beauty Shots / 2 Animated .gifs / 1 Video Render

Story *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

In the distant future, deep in the heart of New America lies the lost city of Verloren. Originally intended to be compact affordable housing for the poor, it quickly became a hotbed for the crime industry and the go-to spot for illegal activity. Each level of Verloren has a unique niche. One of the most popular black market industries run out of ‘loren is the back market augmentation industry. There are many shops that sell illegally acquired and altered body parts. From limb to organ, most anything can be found at the body shop. While most of the surrounding city has grown into a new and prosperous era, ‘loren has stagnated into the new “City of Darkness.”

Reference Board *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

PINTREST BOARD LINK

Wxq2kup.png

PROJECT DOC *UNDER CONSTRUCTION*

GOOGLE DOC

XLPpxCm.png

Current *WIP*

I'm still very much in the Pre-Production stages; gathering reference, adding story elements, blocking out the space, and designing.

What I have is highly WIP but I thought I'd share anyways!

wHBnDkn.png

7gK4YK1.png

uycyDSY.png

Hope you enjoyed what I shared, and as always feedback is ALWAYS appreciated!!

Happy Arting!

PS. Shoutout to Smoothbrain for the help gathering reference!

Replies