Home Adobe Substance

What's the difference with the export map options?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
MeshMagnet polycounter lvl 9
I'm trying to build my own custom export preset.
I'm a bit confused as to what the difference is between the input and converted maps options are?

See image:

ucKQTjx.jpg

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    As explained in our documentation : http://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/display/SPDOC/Creating+export+presets
    Input maps : direct channels that can be added in a texture set. Via the document settings panel.
    Converted maps : virtual textures, those textures are generated during the export based on the channels present in the document.
    • - Normal OpenGL/DirectX : Output a normal in the dedicated space by combining the normal from the additional maps, the height and the normal channel.
    • - Diffuse : Diffuse color generated from the BaseColor and Metallic channels (metallic parts will be replaced with a black color).
    • - Specular : Specular color generated from the BaseColor and Metallic channels.
    • - Glossiness : Inverse of the roughness channel.
    • - Unity4 Diffuse : Diffuse color generated from the BaseColor to match Unity4 shaders.
    • - Unity4 Gloss : Glossiness generated from the Roughness and Metallic channel to match Unity4 shaders.