Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hard surface modeling practice

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Leinad polycounter lvl 11
I decided to start a new project to further practice my hard-surface modeling skills. I found a pretty cool concept from Bungie that I wanted to model out. The goal right now is to do as much modeling as I can in Maya. I figured I got to a decent point to start sharing my progress with Polycount. Like usual, open to feedback and crits! Thanks!

1hq3Pvf.jpg

delete1.jpg

Replies

• Christian Nordgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Christian Nordgren polycounter lvl 11
    Wow yeah that looks really fun to model! Your hp looks really good!

Good luck with the texturing! :)
  • Leinad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Christian! I've been slowly working on this here and there. I tried to come up with a decent back design (missing in the concept, so I had to come up with something myself). Did some clean up to the highpoly and mirrored it over to the other side.

I am very close to bringing in some of the larger pieces into zbrush for some detail work. I just want to make sure I don't rush through the subd modelling.

delete1.jpg
  • Leinad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just noticed the rail looking thing the prop sits on was a bit long. I ended up shortening it a bit.

Here is a better viewing angle, if you see anything that looks a bit odd let me know. I've added a few things that are not in the concept since certain areas looked a bit plain.

delete2.jpg