Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Preview and Applied textures completely different?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
Hey all.

So I'm trying to use DDO for a character for the first time and for some reason its just not applying the details to my texture. When I use the Preview I can see everything fine but when I hit the DDO button its like almost nothing is applied to the texture. Its only around the very edges of my texture which is really weird. Here's a picture:
Ddo_issue.jpg

I tried playing with the opacity settings etc. nothing seems to work. It also seems like its not applying the color map properly to set the material types even though I generated it in 3Ds Max using the material that's included with DDo.

Running Version 5.3 X64 Commercial Edition.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks!

Replies

• TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok so I noticed that I forgot to select the region (by default it was selecting the empty bg) cause I'm really tired but now that I selected the skin, its still not quite working. For the sake of speed I decided to load a preset (inflamed skin) and this was the end result:
    Ddo_issue2.jpg
    Better but only just. Still can't figure out why its not applying to the entire area.
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone? I'd love to sort this out so I can start using the program again!
  • donofdon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    donofdon polycounter lvl 2
    what is your inputs, and what format? are you adding a curvature map, the values in that might be a bit weird. also try a pc reset, it worked for one of our guys today, think his photoshop got blocked up in some way.
  • Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    The problem you're having is that it's applied around the seams of the head, right? Does the problem go away if you increase the Seam Terminator value in the DynaMask Editor?
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem is that its only applying any effect to the seams when I've specified for it to be applied to the entire area based on my color map and that the end result doesn't match the preview. I'll check the seam terminator value when I get a chance. Thanks for the suggestion.