Home Technical Talk

Assigning UV seams in Modo

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Zack Maxwell interpolator
No matter where I search, I can't find any way to assign a UV seam in Modo for unwrapping. I'm concerned the option isn't even there.
I know that if I select edges on the mesh before unwrapping it will split the UV, but this only works when selecting a complete edge loop in order to create a wholly separate UV island.
Specifically I want to unwrap a roughly spherical shape, and to do that I need to assign a seam in order to make a pelt unwrap.

Replies

• Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Got any images to demonstrate what you mean? If you select edges and use the unwrap tool that's where the seams will be. They don't need to be complete loops either.

So if you select the X and Y loop say on a geosphere, deselect the lower half (leaving a + shape of selected edges) and use the unwrap tool, that works. I assume that's what you mean?
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Oh, you're right. When I tried that very thing several times earlier it didn't work. There must have been something else going on.
    Before it resulted in a completely sealed UV with my selected edges arbitrarily mashed inside. But when I completed a loop before it worked fine and created multiple islands.