Home General Discussion

3ds max Render to Texture artefacts

Hey, guys. I've been trying to bake diffuse map and I get these weird swirly artefacts on my map for some reason. I tried everything, vray,mental ray, scanline; redoing basemesh, re-uving, all that stuff. It bakes normally a part of a map, but screws up everything else. Xnormal gives similar results. Highpoly sits properly above the mesh, too. What causes this stuff?
Z45VZbp.png

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Not a big deal, but support questions show go in the Technical Talk forum.

That's a very odd pattern. Is this only on the Diffuse map? Without the mesh I can only recite the typical things you didn't list.

1. Reset xForms on all your models.
    2. Install the latest 3ds Max service pack.
    3. Make sure you are looking at the file saved on disk, and not the Render Frame Window. (Which display different results.)
    4. Use xView to inspect all of your models.
  • Clos3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clos3d polycounter lvl 17
    Also double check your UVW, you might have a little piece somewhere at 10000000X1000000000
  • Ahoburg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for posting in a wrong section. Thanks for help, but the problem disappears when I enable "Include Working Model" in render settings.

Before "Working Model"

t6wQJ3a.png

After

dlPj27u.png

And now all I do is scratch my head, because I don't understand it. Basically, what I'm trying to do is to bake Ornatrix hair. And while this result is acceptable, it doesn't allow me to bake alpha map, which would've been nice.

xA1COIm.png

It doesn't show it properly, but the general idea should be clear. The problem persists even with a very low amount of "strands (these are long 3d separate cylinders basically)". Still don't get why it gives me these weird artefacts without Working Model. If I try to bake Height Map it gives me something interesting, it basically shows the problematic sections of my map.

hNtVc5b.png

Any help is really appreciated, because I already wasted so much time trying to find a root of this problem and it's driving me crazy. It'd be shitty if there's no solution. Xnormal doesn't solve it, nor does the use of Cage or no cage baking.