Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ender Game Station - Hallway (UE4)

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
AlexRodriguez polycounter lvl 6
Wanted to toss open a thread on a WIP of a Scifi Environment I been working on for the past 3 weeks which was the 2nd project I have been working on alongside of the DeWalt Jigsaw. It concept art from Ender Game Station by Robert Simmons

I gotten majority of the modeling done and baking, just need to spend some time texturing/lighting (just a rough lighting pass). Currently on pause while I wrap up my Jigsaw with the final textures. All the textures will be created in Substance Designer

pKwtMJh.jpg
The Concept
olaMDmJl.jpg
ZA7Mji5l.jpg
T2GbYeWl.jpg
Hero Assets only meshes I actually baked, everything else is beveled and edges softened

bd6PMfi.jpg
xKfe2Hv.jpg
EyW9OaI.jpg

Work will re-commence in the next few days, recently made the swap to UE4 from Cry Engine 3 for this scene

Replies

• AlexRodriguez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dusted off the scene and began work on texturing it, started with the first texture pass on my Repair Door (still need to throw it into UE4 and setup my glass and emissive just a marmoset render), still haven't set the base metal for the station so the surrounding metal is still WIP

Using this as a base to texture the Sleeping Q door, the big door in the scene next time I work on it. Once I start getting more materials in place I have a better vision for how to setup my final mats

Going for a new station and subtle wear affect, I am bringing in the outputs from Substance Designer to go back in and adjust my wear and dirt to not have to jump back into Substance

TKX4GPd.jpg

Reference
  • AlexRodriguez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Continued to further texture up my hero assets, I went with the Air Lock Door. I thus decided to make it red and have this floor section be the Shadow Dragon quarters. I also managed to organice my substance designer file to import custimizeable dials in Unreal Engine 4 from substance such as wear/dirt, will post screenshots of in editor shots once I complete all pieces for my base material library for the rest of the scene.

Textured in: Designer/Painter/Photoshop
    y1evhJ7.jpg
    UD5Taru.jpg
  • Travis C
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Travis C polycounter lvl 8
    looks cool, but how does that camera looking door open? doesnt seem to be a sliding type. maybe add some streaks or some wear and tear at the part that recieves most friction when the door opens?
  • AlexRodriguez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I belive the door opens like a regular door after you input the code. The frame the camera on is the metal of the station so it doesnt move. Still need to add the glass material as it faked by a metal. The camera just logs who approaches the door, only the engineers have codes.

Ill paint in painter subtle wear where the doors opens thanks.

Update:
    Decided to scrap this project