Home Unreal Engine

Trigger to adjust material?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
capone polycounter lvl 18
I have made a dynamic material instance with an opacity parameter. I have also made an actor blueprint that contains an speech bubble mesh and a trigger box.

All I want it so that when you enter the mesh collision trigger that the opacity drops from 1.0 to 0.2

Here is what I have,

n9Taahx.png

Bonus questions;

1) Is this generally how people make objects appear? Using materials? or can you just change the opacity of an actual mesh?

2) How would you fade something in? I've used the delay but that just waits and then instantly creates an action

Replies

• capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perhaps I'm making it over complicated it by adding it all within a blueprint? Someone else in another forum has just done this.

5W9G8eh.png
  • Khaja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    if you want something to just pop into the world then yeh set visibility is the way to do it. If you want to change opacity to something translucent then using the material parameters is the best way to do it. if you want to use linear interpolation (lerps) to transition between opacity values then you can use timelines to do just that
  • capone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying this one step at a time. Just want to enter a trigger and make an invisible mesh become visible. I'm trying it with dynamic material for now. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

QLUYdFN.jpg