Home Quixel Megascans

Suite focus and cross-app issues

According to the wiki page, I'm doing this correctly, not that there's that much I can do to botch this up. But when I go into cross-app, nothing happens in Toolbag 2.

What's more, is if Hide Photoshop is ticked, I don't get the Photoshop window back either by un-checking Cross-app mode, or by closing Toolbag, though the PS process is still running. If I've kept Hide Photoshop unticked, entered then exited Cross-app with Toolbag, then close Toolbag, Quixel no longer has top focus within Photoshop. As I type this post in this state, any time I mouse over Photoshop, it becomes the active window.

I'm running Win7, Photoshop CS6, Quixel Suite 1.3, all 64 bit and running as admin. Java and .net are up to date.

I suspect there's still something wrong with my installation somewhere, though I've reinstalled several times now, testing within the default c:\users\... or my own c:\apps\... folder. I still have the issue where the suite doesn't have focus/docking inside photoshop, it launches behind windows and has no taskbar icon - I need to minimize everything to see it.

To work as expected, I need to launch Photoshop, launch suite, close suite, launch suite.

Replies