Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UE4 Sanada Shrine Diorama

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
So I've finally got my entry for the Slife of Life challenge wrapped up and tought I'd post it here too. No shame in the crosspost!

As usual there's a bunch of things I'm not really happy with or that I wish I had done in a different way but I was already starting to hate it, so...

Picture train incoming:

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_001_by_nitroxart-d7tn5fw.jpg
High-res screenshot: HERE

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_002_by_nitroxart-d7tn5g6.jpg

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_003_by_nitroxart-d7tn5gj.jpg

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_004_by_nitroxart-d7tn5gz.jpg

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_005_by_nitroxart-d7tn5hc.jpg

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_006_by_nitroxart-d7tn5hr.jpg

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_007_by_nitroxart-d7tn5i4.jpg

sanada_shrine_ue4_final_008_by_nitroxart-d7tn5ii.jpg

Replies

• snow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snow polycounter lvl 8
    I think the building looks cool and has a lot of potential. Digging the wood texture.

I don't think the tiled pebble diorama thing helps, more subtracts from the main asset itself.

The rope thing with some fabric bells thing hanging from it doesn't look up to par as the rest of the building. The bell shape things don't connect to the main rope and they lack fidelity (maybe could add some alpha planes with strands). The rope looks really thick too, very normal mappy, and its material definition is off, I'd play with your textures there.

I can't quite make out the window glass either, or is it some sort of paper, have you got reference?

Overall a lot of parts of this image are dark and its hard to make out what it is and its material definition. I think the orange sky is a bit too much.