Home General Discussion

Solar Max - Physics-Based Space Adventure for Mobile!

Kovac
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Kovac polycounter lvl 18
Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my first self-published iOS game that I’ve been working on - Solar Max. It’s an extremely simple physics-based survival game; by tapping the left and/or right half the of screen you boost Max’s thrusters and need to grab more oxygen tanks before you run out of air.

There’s a bunch of random space junk to dodge and avoid, and the world is procedurally generated with oxygen tanks, snax and debris.

It’d be great if you gave the game a shot! It has a little bit of a learning curve, but once you understand the handling it becomes quickly satisfying to cruise around.

Thanks!
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ij2o0Jus8[/ame]

http://www.pargee.com/solarmax/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/solar-max/id895970580?ls=1&mt=8

Replies

• Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    This forum can be so weird. I got more responses on my I'm Going Gray!! thread. And here is a guy who is actually releasing his own game and you've got nothing to say? I honestly don't understand this crowd at times.

@Kovac: Well, I can't watch youtube vids until late at night on this satillite connection due to bandwidth limitations but I'll check out Solar Max when I can!
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Haha thanks, Pancakes, that gave me a good laugh. I agree some threads pull the right interests so it's not surprising some get buried along the way (or maybe the game just isn't that appealing). I did put a lot of energy into this silly little game though, and it's my first game released and everything under my own name instead of working with a publisher and it feels very satisfying.

I worked on this game for a few months after my 9-5 and am really happy I got it to the point of releasing on the App store; it's easy to make excuses after hours for not putting in the effort to pursue your own personal goals after you've already put in a full day's work. I've been on PC for over a decade and this while I'm not much of anything besides a lurker to the boards, this is the type of place I'm most excited to post these kinds of milestones to.

Thanks again!
  • Pancakes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pancakes polycounter lvl 10
    Hey man keep going. This game is just the beginning. All those hours of effort keep adding up!

I don't actually have an iphone so I can't play it but I did watch the vid now and it looks and sounds pretty solid to me!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Well the game looks adorable. Congrats!
  • unit187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unit187 polycounter lvl 9
    Pancakes wrote: »
    And here is a guy who is actually releasing his own game and you've got nothing to say? I honestly don't understand this crowd at times.

There is literally nothing to discuss.
    It's nice that the developer managed to pull off his own little game, I guess, it is noticable milestone, but thats it :)
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Haha I like that Dinosaurs & pizza are hazardous space junk. It is adorable indeed! Keep it up :)
  • Kovac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kovac polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'd love to hear any thoughts/feedback you have if you do get around to playing it - my first update will come in the next week or so, so any words are greatly appreciated!