Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Moose critique

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Francois_K interpolator
Hi guys

I wanted to do an animal study and my teammates had suggested a 'moose', so I went and did that for a week and i ended up thinking hey , this ain't so bad , compared to my other stuff that is.

So I decided to take it a few steps further , make a nice render , nice environment.

I'm gonna use the term 'nice' as that's from my point of view. I was wondering if some of you guys maybe had some pointers of how to make the environment a bit more appealing and professional.

I'm currently redoing the antlers , redid the pose and moved the two rocks at the slope of the platform a bit further out to make it a bit more realistic, I haven't rendered it yet though.

The environment hasn't changed much though.

So yeah , lots of rabblings , tear me apart.

0Zh8.jpg

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The feet are rather awkward - even for a moose - and the legs pose seems unnatural. The moose in this picture has a fairly similar pose to yours:
    8501339.jpg?size=620x400s

The scene might be better if you placed him in shallow water, as though he's crossing a stream, or at least fairly thick turf.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    On the left shot, the front legs seem a bit strange. Seems like the top of the front legs should be more muscular I think.

The antlers also look a bit off, the spikey parts seem too long I think. Here's some reference I found off google images that might be helpful.

contemporary-decals.jpg
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    Y2aw.jpg

Here's my updated version , I honestly don't think I'll make him tread through water because I don't want to hide any part of his body or being cheap and submerging his feet I suppose.

But yeah , I was actually using that antler reference before you mentioned it and some other ones as well so I hope I improved on the pose and the antlers as well.

The antlers still look kinda wonky though I have to admit so I'll keep on working on it
    If someone could provide me with a paintover maybe that would help me a lot :)