Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Devs

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
Hello All!

Finally decided on putting together a thread.

Light- Assassin Chic
Heres where i am now. Its supposed to be a bodysuit not a mecha type panel things.She will have a gun and a blade and a supplementary sniper. Shes silent and deadly. and sexy
5qQ664F.jpg

Thank you for looking.
C and C as always demanded! :)

BYE!

Replies

• butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update!

Worked on her abit.
    tried getting her face to look more realistic and whatnot
    UoENtxt.jpg

And this guy
    mix_zps98cfb35a.jpg
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    stuff is pretty nice. female anatomy looked a bit wonky though. dig the armor designs though...
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey slosh, thanks alot for dropping by.
    Yes i do believe the female anatomy was wonky esp the back etc. I shouldve worked it more
    thanks again :)

Update!
    Finalised her face
    BT1UqZL.jpg
    Also, about done with her bodysuit aswell.
    6RlizGq.jpg

*gave her a name :)
    Thank you all!!!
  • ClusterOne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ClusterOne polycounter lvl 4
    I really like the detail on the face but overall the body suit looks really muddy and lumpy. All the details on the edges of the shoulder pads have been smoothed to oblivion. You might want to go back and redefine some of those lines and edges. Also, is that fibermesh hair? It doesn't really do justice to your model which is pretty awesome overall.
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Clusterone, i appreciate the feedback
    Its a dynamesh at the moment and will definitely work on getting the hardsurfaces looking hard, etc.
    Yes that is fibermesh hair. This is my first. I will go watch some more videos and go over it again. Need to learn how to bake fibermesh onto alpha planes nicely aswell. :)
  • AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    Hey man, these look pretty good.
    I 'd say give her face a bit more love, there are some major flaws going on, mainly the forehead which bends inwards and the nose to cheeks transition.
    The suit looks pretty good if you just polish it I think it will look great, maybe not the nipples though, but that depends on the texturing :P
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    mhm this looks pretty scifi to me, atleast borderline sci-fi.
    you might want to check your reference if you want this to look like current military attire.
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Her arms are really freaking me out. They bend the wrong way, they are too long, and the forearms are way too long. Not really digging the hair. Nice work overall keep it up!
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firith:
    Thanks man! Appreciate it :)
    I worked on the face more. Hope you think its better.

Goeddy:
    Im not actually following any reference just freeballin it lol
    Its definitely border like scifi, which is what im fine with

Stevston89
    Hah hey man thank you for pointing it out! they really were totally screwed up lol

So yeah this project went down the drain like evrything else haha
    Still might just finish this chick.

Made the low res and brought it into marmosecs.Face was unwrapped and has polypaint
    Not really concerned with polycount tbh. I guess its around 50k
    dadarioWIP8_zpsfeaa07b0.jpg~original
    dadarioWIP8wire_zpsbaf61459.jpg~original

Thanks! bye!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    The things that stand out most to me here are the head and hands. The cheeks looks inflated and the skull shape in general looks kinda unnatural. The fingers look really thin, even for a feminine character. The body suit looks great though man :)

EDIT: ...however, it seems like you used the original sculpt of the body suit for the bake and final game mesh? (Maybe wrong here.)

Personally I would retopologise the suit and define those grooves/bevels with solid edgeloops so that you can define the detail cleanly, as right now some of the surfaces of the suit look slightly lumpy. Keep it up though, good progress!