Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - Whitby Abbey: Off The Map 2014

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Kobalt Kiwii polycounter lvl 6
Hi Guys, for Off The Map this year my group, The Flying Buttress, have produced a level based around Dracula's Whitby. We're students at De Montfort and have been working on it for the past while now and recently submitted the current build for our university and felt it was a great time to get feedback from you guys on here. We're also running a blog documenting our process and how the level has evolved over time, http://www.theflyingbuttress.co.uk/

Below you can see where we're at in our renders and flythrough.
SXkS5PV.jpg
zhnd4QT.jpg
iyPP7A1.jpg
ZrAwLRK.jpg
K8T7xhd.jpg
9ZyZpYt.jpg?1

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6DLOZA5AGw[/ame]

Moving forward the areas we want to improve:
- populate the vista
- Re-landscape the foliage in the cloister area
- Implement more decals to break the repetivity of areas such as the crypt and tunnel
- Further optomise the level

Any comments and feedback are appreciated, thank you for reading.

Replies

• makinmagic3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    makinmagic3 polycounter lvl 11
    Some water drips in the underground bit would be nice, for me it seems like the floor has a general water/ reflective material applied (looks flat), a few particle drips from the ceiling and also some waves (panning normal map) for the water.

Some hay stacks maybe a nice addition along with some wooden barrels or a wooden cart.
  • Kobalt Kiwii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kobalt Kiwii polycounter lvl 6
    Cheers, :) we actually have drips in the level with a ripple generator connected to it, also have particles for dust falling from the ceiling for the collapse and in the tunnel but for some reason they're quite buggy and don't always work. its bizarre. I like the idea of a cart or something in the exterior section definitely needs some extra population. we were thinking of breaking up the underground bit by populating it a lot more, some barrels and stuff could work down there.