Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Business Card

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Shrike interpolator
Hey guys, jumping on the new portfolio wagon and started with a new
Business card, since the old one is damn cheesy and has too much info and well, its bad

I put up a new one and i`d really like some input

Also not sure if I should write art direction, but thats what I did for a couple projects, and you gotta dress for what you want to be right ? Else I would write something like "Game Artist"
The problem is to somehow appeal to non-game people aswell, or make them alteast understand that I can do "artist stuff" that they could use aswell, like graphic design for ads or things in that manner.

(the new website does not exist yet)

1.png

2.png

Here is the old logo for comparison
https://hostr.co/5CgChzgx1S4k

Some people said they liked the color on the edge of the previous one, but im unsure

Here is a colored variant:

axx.png
The orange gradient reminds me on african sunset tho and dont like that in particular, but
it needs to stay aggro somehow but I cant use red twice Id say

What do you think ? :)

Replies

• Joost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    That's a really cool design! I don't think game design is one word though?
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Yeah, cool card but put I'd put a space in between game and design. My eye kept drifting back to that.
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    Hey Shrike!
    Looks nice, but when your Phone Number starts with the Country Code +49, you dont have to use the 0 for the 0177.
    Only +49 177
    ^^
  • ArminChaudhry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArminChaudhry polycounter lvl 7
    The design is nice but everything is depending on what kind of customers you are looking for. Your current logo would appeal more to a comic style in my opinion and i think for a broader audience i would use a cleaner logo. :)
  • Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    Very eye catching!
    I agree with the above comments, Gamedesign, when it is written like that looks like a typo.

Your name is almost lost on the front of the card. Consider your businesscard as a miniature sales pith for you and your abilities. You want your name to stand out, without being gaudy. Maybe by making it a tad larger it won't get lost on the front?

On the back side "focus on competitive FPS..." is laid out as if they were there separate items on a list. It makes it awkward to read a full sentence when it is broken between three lines and indented.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Oh thanks, wow 2 mistakes already, changed those (not updated the pics yet)

Hm, yes im aware it is more art heavy and not as clean, but somehow I wanted to not make something different that
    expresses myself and not use the same flat iconography everyone uses in traditional graphic design and be a little
    more playful

I think (hope) the card shows that I know how to make clean stuff, atleast on the backside, so that both of these things are covered, but I guess a black and white flat version would be a good idea

The back side, the 3 things are seperate items, I guess i have to seperate them more
    I added "centric" in the second line and hoped that does the trick but dosnt seem so

Edit: here is the iteration so far

2.png

Oh ignore the border, thats for cropping forgot to hide
  • Joost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    I personally prefer having both boxes in that yellow color.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    idk about the axe, idk what the meaning would be but i feel this could label you as being able to be axed, as in "used and tossed", after a game ships.
    That is what i see not to be mean or anything but an axe is not something i think about when i think art, perhaps a picture of yourself (in animated mode) with your thumb up in that diamond would probably be a bit smoother.

My .02 cents and not one that many take critics from but you decide.

(you holding the axe with a viking helmet with your thumb up after reading all of 1st post ;) )
  • Boozebeard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boozebeard polycounter lvl 11
    D4V1DC wrote: »
    idk about the axe, idk what the meaning would be but i feel this could label you as being able to be axed, as in "used and tossed", after a game ships.
    That is what i see not to be mean or anything but an axe is not something i think about when i think art, perhaps a picture of yourself (in animated mode) with your thumb up in that diamond would probably be a bit smoother.

My .02 cents and not one that many take critics from but you decide.

(you holding the axe with a viking helmet with your thumb up after reading all of 1st post ;) )

Imo that would just be cringe-inducingly cheesy. And I don't think anyone decides whether someone is worth keeping on between projects based on their business card logo lol. At least no one worth working for in the first place.