Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Green City [WIP]

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Cactus on Fire polycounter lvl 10
Hey Guys !

So I imported the whole city from max, and made a few arrangements inside Unity. I'm pretty new to this and this is the first Unity build / map I've done.
The walking and jumping is toned down to a moderate speed. The city is hugely undone and there are different buildings and street elements pending to be modelled and added.

There's a huge quad under the map as the ground hitbox and some quads for the overwatch with stairs, so you can't walk on the overpass just yet. There are also area sounds and a general ambient sound to help with the misty chilling night atmosphere.

I can't figure out the reason behind the slight latency in the movement, but I guess the map needs to be optimized with culling masks and instances. It would be great if you can give comments, criticism & suggestions.

Here's the Unity build :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/62lichcipyb3lf6/Green+City.rar

And here are some screenshots :

ud3BdBK.jpg

Replies

• PandaBear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks cool. Your lighting is very uniform and makes things look flat.
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    well, its definitely green, thats for sure. aside from the lighting being uniform, theres nothing really of interest in the shots. i haven't tried out the build though.
  • Cactus on Fire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cactus on Fire polycounter lvl 10
    I appreciate the feedback guys. This is only a practise to see how Unity handles assets, shaders, bunch of image effects and the polygon count all together. I was especially curious about the huge foliage polycount, but apparently it doesn't even drop the fps that much.

@PandaBear
    Thanks :) Lights definitely need some variation. There are only a couple of lights in the scene really, the streetlights are baked to texture, and there's just the ambient light.

@luge
    Originally the scene was supposed to be a flythrough over a huge city, I added walking just for fun. The build isn't that different aside from the area sounds such as the crickets near the bushes, the electronic buzz near the lights and transmission towers, and a constant city ambient sound.
  • Ausonian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ausonian polycounter lvl 13
    I like the style, it reminds me of Motorhead on PS1 :)