Home Technical Talk

zBrush - Dynamesh question.

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
sheckee polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, I'm still rather new to zBrush (actually I've tried to fathom it a few times and always returned to poly modeling. But an opportunity at work has arisen and I need to get my arse in gear.)

I am using Dynamesh, and I guess the resolution was too low or something as between the thighs and fingers the mesh has kind of fallen apart and combined. Is there any way for me to fix this now? I was thinking maybe retopo and continuing to sculpt, but I want to see what is best. Thank you!

(Also, any general stuff a beginner should know would be appreciated.)

zbr.jpg

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    You might need to lop them off with one of the slice brushes, and pull new fingers out with a high enough resolution to support their creation. Once you have the digits and the overall form of the model blocked out, it might be better to give it quick zremesh pass, after which you can then subdivide and sculpt like normal.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    If your character is going to have bracelets or bangles that can cover the split, just mask from the wrist down and do Subtool->Split->Split Unmasked Points. Then you can crank up the resolution on those hands without the remeshing speed slowing down much.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    I don't know but i'd do something like what jed said BUT you can merge the new hands and thighs back to the original mesh and hopefully this time you don't make the same mistake. :)

It happens wait till you try to move things :) same thing can happen if any parts of the tool get too close at least it happens to me sometimes which is what looks like happen to you sorting the legs to look right and got to close?

:)

So i'd split masked, if there is a hole cap the hole, create a new hand or even split, zremesh like Jed says, rebuild them to match the original quality you had.
    Make a copy, of all work, so duplicate incase things get funny, hide them.
    Merge the subtools together,
    zremesh to your liking,
    subd to your liking,
    project your previous detailing to your new complete mesh.

^That's what i would do, idk what others might say about that though, but once you do this you'll learn quickly how to fix most future problems that might come up from now on.
  • sheckee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sheckee polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks guys!
    I'm going to try some things out tonight :) At least it's fixable.