Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio critics time!

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
CougarJo polycounter lvl 6
It's time :D

A little of my bg :

I finished two years at a video game school in june 2012, and I realized just after during my internship (found polycount, he!), that they didn't teach us the basics of current gen assets creation . (Just basic 3D,UV, a little of Unity...Only the characters with Zbrush were useful. )

I don't entirely blame the school, it's also my fault for not searching enough on the net what the others in the world were doing!

So I started to learn what I needed to know! Since then , I've done personnal stuff, a little bit of freelance , work with a team on an indy game...

And now , my folio : http://jonathanllinares.weebly.com/

Torn me to pieces :D

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On the resume, remove the final 's' from 'Softwares' and 'Experiences'. Under education, your degree is in French; I'm not certain about the protocol here, whether to use the name as listed or to translate it.

Each project page should include the project title at the top. The information should also be consistent across all projects; some list polycount & texture sizes, others only the texture sizes, and some neither.

The sword's title should be 'Hand-Painted Exercise', rather than 'Hand Painted Exercice'.

The texture sizes for the weapons seem excessive, even for the first-person view. Try rendering them with a 1k texture to see if there is a noticeable difference.
  • CougarJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I'll fix what you've said :)

For the resume, I've always heard to put them in french, because it's not really translatable :/ But I might be wrong!

2K excessive for current gen? :/ I thought it was pretty common now. At least for portfolio shots!
  • CougarJo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm on the changes, I haven't published it yet.

Nothing more? :)