Home Unreal Engine

Lightmap UV overlapping error depends on resolution

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Revel interpolator
Hi PC, I just discover something confusing while learning UDK, does anyone know why UDK give me an error about overlapping UV when I change my lightmap resolution from 32 to 64? at 32 resolution, build light, its all fine and didn't throw any issue at me, but when i change to 64, rebuild light, then i got a UV overlapping error...

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    are you changing the other value - the lightmapping channel?
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Nah man, I just change the lightmap resolution, channel still stay on default 1 (when texture is on channel 0, that got many overlapping of course). It's on floor mesh and only on that particular mesh, other mesh are fine. No one ever meet this problem before?

Also I google it and find the same topic on Epic forum, which seems like not much attention there...
  • ng.aniki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ng.aniki polycounter lvl 13
    Hm, I never had this problem either.
    Is the baked lightmap looking ok, or do you have any visual artefact ?
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Well, so far I just notice it only when I change my floor lightmap resolution, which luckily is a rather quite dark materials and any lightmap issue can be quite hidden by the dark diffuse.

Here is the wip thread about d env I'm talking about [link]. I'm not sure about this issue though, if can't find any solution, I might just stay 32 resolution for the floor, which is about kinda annoying and confusing at the same time...hmm :\
  • Wozner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wozner polycounter lvl 10
    Revel, I had that problem too. I solved it by creating a new unique UV and set that UV to lightmap channel, that solved the problem. You can use UV that overlaps for mesh but you should second UV map for lightmap which should not overlap in any case.