Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK - Deus Ex office

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
glenatron polycounter lvl 11
Hey PC!

It seems a few people have tackled this DeusEx concept, and I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring too. Very tired eyes from staring at this scene so much, so I'll be taking a short break from it. I plan on going back through and taking another blast at defining some of the materials a bit better, mainly all the chrome. Any other feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Concept

deus-ex-3-office.jpg

Final

dx1.jpg

Lit

dx2.jpg

Flat

dx3.jpg

Detail lit

dx4.jpg

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Looking really nice, you dont see such a 1 to 1 realization of a concept very often
    If you get the camera angle the same so the detail on the left is better seen, and
    anti aliasing (!) going then its really great

You could just use the "tiledshot 4" command to make a nice screen in 4x the resolution and scale it down in photoshop.
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
  • jovcem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jovcem polycounter lvl 9
    Its looking awesome :) really close to the concept
    Im working on the same concept, and I have question about the books on the shelfs.
    Do you model them manually and then place them one by one, or is there some quicker way, like using some physics simulation?
  • glenatron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glenatron polycounter lvl 11
    Cheers chaps! Haha, yeah, I'll definately do a better/higher res render when it comes to popping it in my folio. The only worry will be what might mess up from using tiledshot i.e. any post effects.
    As for the books, I made around half a dozen unique books, which were then just copied/combined into clusters of around 6-8 books. Those clusters were then instanced around, with a few more individual books placed over the top to avoid repetition.