Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Moving Zdepth

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
In the most recent versions of zbursh (4r4r5r6) ive noticed theyve changed the widget for the move, scale, and rotate.

In older versions when i'm drawing subtools on a canvas i could change the zdepth of them by choosing the move tool and clcik draggin on an empty space of the canvas.

With the new widget if i try to do that old method it doesnt seem to work....
Any ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• bugo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bugo polycounter lvl 17
    to move ONLY on Z try just pressing and holding outside the picture frame.

Although on mine just pressing R, M, I still get the widget. I wonder if ur zbrush is having issues. I use r6 at work, r4 at home, no problems at all.
  • MeshModeler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeshModeler polycounter lvl 11
    maybe i should be more specific. when drawing subtools on a PLANE, before i was able to control the zdepth of thsese subtools by clicking on an empty space of the canvas.

ie lifting or sinking bricks into a plane on only z using the move tool. im not really sure how to do this with the new widget..
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    You should be able to push and pull in the Z-depth by clicking outside of the widget and moving the stylus/mouse up or down to bring it forward or backward.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    For me, the widget both looks and works the same as always.
    This is when drawing tools onto the document itself, and not when using transpose on subtools/edit mode.

Do you have a screenshot or video of the behavior on your system?