Home Technical Talk

MAHmask Bias R6?

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
maximumsproductions polycounter lvl 8
Was wondering if this brush works for anyone else in R6 or if I'm being dumb (Just found out about it and never tried it in previous versions) would assume you just press cntrl.

Makes me realize I should really learn how to make my own mask brushes and mats.. Anyways thanks if anyone has any information about it!

Replies

• CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    It's still working as before for me. If you've assigned it as the current mask brush, yes, all you need to do is hold Ctrl.
  • maximumsproductions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm I don't even get a notification that it's being used as a mask brush. Thanks for the response though! After searching for other people that used it my only difference is that the Base Type is Standard when it should be Mask. Not sure if that's an easy fix, been looking around for some sort of information on creating custom brushes for masks to get me on some sort of track, alas not as easy as I thought!

Now I know that it should be working in r6 atleast :).
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    Quick start - Hold ctrl down, then go to the brush menu and choose "clone" to make a copy of the current mask brush. You can then use this to edit and customise your own mask brush.

The MAHMaskbias brush has a couple of things going on that make it behave the way it does. Under auto masking, it has "topological" switched on. Under depth, switch on "depth mask" and squash the effect circle thingy down into a narrow ellipse. That's pretty much it.
  • maximumsproductions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick start - Hold ctrl down, then go to the brush menu and choose "clone" to make a copy of the current mask brush. You can then use this to edit and customise your own mask brush.

The MAHMaskbias brush has a couple of things going on that make it behave the way it does. Under auto masking, it has "topological" switched on. Under depth, switch on "depth mask" and squash the effect circle thingy down into a narrow ellipse. That's pretty much it.

You're the bomb! Some parts of Zbrush I just neglect and rely on other people kind gestures when I shouldn't. Thanks again, ZBrush Independence Day 1 begins.