Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UDK - Modular Building (Blackfriar Pub - London)

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
bcottage polycounter lvl 13
Evening all!

I am currently working on my first modular building which is the Blackfriar pub in London.

I have modelled this in the same fashion as Tyler Wanlass who most of you know as "the guy who did the UDK Modular building Workflow tutorial" which can be found from the link below:
https://www.3dmotive.com/f101001

90% of the textures from this scene are taken from photographs which were taken by myself (3 separate trips to London), the other 10% were used from: http://www.cgtextures.com/

- My goal was to complete the building by extruding from texture sheets that i created using the photos that I took.

- I wanted to create this at night to get the 'London' feeling (for those that live in London you know what I mean..)

- I would love to know what you think so far and what I can do to improve it as I have put the whole of tomorrow aside to work on this.

RzVn6e7.jpg

P.S Sorry for the low res screen grab

Replies

• StrongRum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrongRum polycounter lvl 6
    London... You need litter ;-)
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    It looks good but I dont know where to look. try defining a focal point.
    Also keep in mind that text is insane strong in grabbing attention.
    Currently its a mixture of hard to see and strong attention
  • Kazperstan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kazperstan greentooth
    go ben go!
    Agreed with shrike, i want to look at the blackfriar signs but the menu by the door keeps grabbing me for some reason, also the door way on the left with the light coming out.

Maybe dim down the white lights to, london is very dusty (especially in this heat, have you ever blown your nose after getting off the tube? its nasty..) so the street lamps and lights like this tend to be dulled out as people don't clean them. some pint glasses on the table, maybe a couple on the floor would add some life to :)
  • salacious_Crumb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    salacious_Crumb polycounter lvl 11
    I agree you need some kind of focal point. I think the white lights on the left are distracting. Do they really point outwards?
    Perhaps having lights in the bottom windows will help? At the moment it feels like it is set middle of nowhere. London has lights everywhere. So maybe something simple in the background, like a brickwall and lamp post?
    And some rubbish, newspapers etc. And maybe a few bits of grass and plants where the walls meet the floor.
    Looking good though!