Home Technical Talk

Maya - UV Editor Wrap U V question

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Noth polycounter lvl 15
Hey there, I'm wondering if I can tile my Diffuse map in the UV editor Like I can in Max? I'm using a strip tiling sheet and I only have my texture displaying in the 0-1. In max I can repeat it outside of the 0-1 so I can place me UV whereever but still see what I'm doing.

If the only way to do this is increase the "repeat UV" in Maya, how will that effect my engine export?

Thanks!

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    If you go to the UV Editor Window menu Image > Image Range options, you can change the range there.

Additionally, the visible image range has no effect on tiled textures; textures tile infinitely in all directions outside of the 0-1 area regardless, so this setting or having UVs outside 0-1 won't affect your texture exports.

Take note that if you are trying to bake textures, most software packages by default only bake to UVs in the 0-1 area. Any other UVs will be ignored.
  • Noth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noth polycounter lvl 15
    buahahaha. yes! That is what I was after. Thanks. I was texturing using my tile strip texture outside the viable range, but I was shooting in the dark. That's why I wanted this, and all my google searches directed me to Wrap U and V in the 2DNode, which I did not want. Thanks:D