Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: ILmaTeR

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
ILmaTeR polycounter lvl 10
Well, hello there!
I've decide its about time to stop lurking around and showoff my stuff. I'm fulltime employee on a small mobile developer company but I'm currently trying to build some portfolio ready pieces on my spare time to try jump on the AAA industry and improve my own skills on the way... so constructive criticism its always welcome.

Lets get started shall we?

Well I'll show what I'm currently working on. I started this as a sunday sketch:monique__bust_concept_by_abishai-d65ura2.jpg

then I'm developing her into something more ellaborated:
monique__hi_poly_by_abishai-d68sexu.jpg

right there after posing her for the render, I got some things I didnt like already. So thats what Im fixing right now. On this one I retouched her face a bit, picked up some references on skirts and pulled it up where it should be, now I'm working on her shirt and hands. :)

render_currrent_by_abishai-d6a0pst.jpg

Replies

• Saibell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! It's great to see your work. This is a really pretty model, her face is just beautiful. My personal preference is the hair color as is shown in the first picture, almost white. I dont have much experience myself to help you but I'll just say that you are making a great job so far. I'm trying to rig a character for the first time and its really hard. Btw, did you model her in Zbrush and then retopologize? what program are you using for the rigging and posing? (I'm quite new so excuse me if saying something obvious)
  • ILmaTeR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! more material to showoff. This is a piece I've been some time after.

teeth_by_abishai-d6bd8ut.jpg
    Saibell wrote: »
    Hi! It's great to see your work. This is a really pretty model, her face is just beautiful. My personal preference is the hair color as is shown in the first picture, almost white. I dont have much experience myself to help you but I'll just say that you are making a great job so far. I'm trying to rig a character for the first time and its really hard. Btw, did you model her in Zbrush and then retopologize? what program are you using for the rigging and posing? (I'm quite new so excuse me if saying something obvious)

Hi thanks! for your comment, I started her in zbrush, I'm in the process of translating her to low poly mesh, but I've been busy lately with other projects. For this shot, I posed her quickly in zbrush using transpose master. No worries on rigging!, its always a complex task. Just keep in mind that is better invest time on making a well built skeleton than having to repeat it later on, because you missed something in the process the first time.:)
  • ILmaTeR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eloise___portrait_by_abishai-d7uo154.jpg

Here's something I've done among other things on holyday time! Mostly on the same style as the other one. Hope you like it!