Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Tanker Character Wiptopic

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys, A while back i started working on this character thats based on an awesome concept by Hethe Srodawa
http://cghub.com/images/view/481621/

this is what i have so far
TankerWip7_Leslievdb.jpg

TankerWip7clay_Leslievdb.jpg

I am planning to make this one around 40k tris or less
Crits would be highly appreciated :)

Replies

• SuPa-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
    That is an awesome concept, and you're doing it sweet justice!

I like the face in the original concept more but yours is still great.
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    man this is looking sweet only thing that could be better in my opinion is the transition in the torn cloth in the body armor. Looks great man!
  • RogerP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RogerP polycounter
  • jmiles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmiles interpolator
    any particular rendering method? or is that a screen cap from zbrush? really dig the poly paints in the face and the cloth sculpting.. can't wait to see more
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys :)
    Supa: the facialpose itself does a lot, i sculpted it in the beginning with more of the facialpose from the concept but since i wanted to have proper loops in there so i could eventually rig it i decided to go for a neutral face.
    I also tried to go for the eyes half shut mouth halfway open method they showed in the last of us rigging tech demo to see if it gives cleaner bakes and if it has less stretching after rigging

cuban: thanks :)

Azkur: Good point! i`m not happy with it yet either so i`ll definitely fix that

jmiles: nope its just a standard material in zbrush and rendered with bpr
  • SuPa-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
    Oh sorry for the confusion, I wasn't talking about how the face was posed, but about the facial structure itself. The cheekbones in the concept are much more prominent and upward. The brow in the concept is also flatter, while yours is very curved. The mouth in the concept also looks wider and juts forward more. The nasolabial sulcus is also higher, at a less steep angle, and far less prominent in the concept.

Ha I know that these are big nitpicks, but in my opinion the differences in features makes the concept's face look far more ape-like, while yours is moreso that of some sort of beast man. Again, awesome work!
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah yes i can see what you mean, i strayed away a bit too much from the concept while sculpting so i'll try to get it to look a bit more like it
    thanks again for the feedback :)