Home Technical Talk

UDK custom colliison

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
048Ro7B.jpg

I'm trying to export a model with custom collision on an assets for UDK but am having some trouble. The asset is broken down into three materials, all named, and one collision mesh titled "UCX_collision". When I export it into UDK with fbx, the whole UCX mesh isn't visible in the previewer but the collision isn't enabled enither. What am I messing up?

Should also mention that the three materials are each their own mesh (as illustrated by Maya's outliner) not one single mesh,

Replies

• radiancef0rge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    radiancef0rge ngon master
    it has to share the name of your static so its "UBX_turret"

But i have no idea what you mean by "broken down by 3 materials" The FBX plugin is combining all of your meshes so having them separated in maya is really doing much for you - so ultimately I don't recall if Unreal will recognize you have a collision, youre better off putting them all under a group naming that "Turret" and then having the "UBX_Turret"
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    put all your meshes in a group, name it something like turret and use ubx_ the ucx_ prefix on the collsion mesh.

if you still for problems you can save the collsion mesh to a seprate fbx and add it to the mesh, from the mesh viewer in udk
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    My way of doing it :

fbx_collisions.jpg

+ be sure to have "reference containers" option enabled during the export as an FBX file. Otherwise the UDK will not read the hierarchy correctly.
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the help, guys. Just needed to combine the three meshes into one and name the collision after the mesh, such an easy fix.