Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Connor McCampbell - 3D/Environment Artist

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
realeyez polycounter lvl 11
Hi guys, just finished my last year as a Game Art + Design student at Ringling College. I haven't really had all my work together up online until a month or so ago, so I'd love to get any feedback on the site or the work I have on it that you guys might have!!

The site link is below, thanks for looking!

www.ConnorMcCampbell.com

Replies

• sipher3325
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Site layout is good and easy to navigate. Delirium looks cool. Would like to see some wireframes on some of the assets maybe. Good stuff though.
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    You have some nice stuff. I agree with sipher3325, good layout, but some wires would be nice. I also think you need more breakdowns of the scenes. I think if you were to keep the modular building, show some of the modular assets by themselves, including their tris count.

Delirium is definitely your best one so far. Such a huge difference between that and the other pieces. I'd consider removing the still life scene though, the AO just kills it.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On the Delerium page, clicking on any of the images takes you to a Vimeo site for the video. This is definitely NOT the expected behavior; either remove the link entirely or link to a larger version of the image.

The final two projects only have a single image, so the pages feel barren. At the very least, I'd expect to see the concept for the Hideout since you mention it in the description, and the modular pieces for the Modular Construction kit.

Another reason to include texture sheets is that you explicitly list texture creation as an area of expertise in your resume. You might also want to include an Unreal shader for the same reason.

You could probably improve the formatting for your resume. The vertical bars ("|") don't work terribly well as separators; tabs would probably work better and would allow you to align items in columns (such as the contact information at the top). I know you were probably told to keep it to under a page, but the current layout just looks crowded.

In your employment summary, the common practice is to place the most recent experience first.