Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anvil - testing out Ddo

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dawnson polycounter lvl 7
Hello. I just tried Ddo for the first time, it's pretty cool.
3DsMax->Zbrush->Ndo->Ddo->Marmoset

Anvil_01.jpg
Anvil_02.jpg
Anvil_03.jpg
Anvil_04.jpg
Anvil_07.jpg
Anvil_08.jpg

Replies

• Mr Significant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Significant polycounter lvl 11
    Very nice metal ! I just think this hammer looks a little bit like a plastic ( I mean this holder, sorry for PRO english :D ). Maybe there is too much specular.

Did you beveled the edges on the anvil? I just can't see this on the wireframe :D
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    The anvil looks great, awesome material definition!
  • Mr Whippy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Whippy polycounter lvl 7
    Yep looks good all over for a play with new software.

Only thing I never like is anvils on tall logs. The centre of gravity = likely to topple over if you pull or lean on it hard = ouch!

Pretty sure when I've seen working anvils on logs the log is about twice as 'fat' as that... hmmm.

Nice work!

Dave
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    I like it as well Dawnson.

@Mr Whippy it looks like the anvil is bolted into the stump. So I don't think you would have to worry about it falling off. :)
  • Dawnson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dawnson polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for the input everyone!

Mr Significant- I hear what you're saying about the hammer. Originally i was going to make a much older and worn down handle but I liked the way it shined, kind of felt like a varnished surface. But when I really think about it a shiny varnished handled doesn't really match the scene. So I might have to change that.
    And yes the edges of the anvil are beveled.

Mr Whippy and Tobbo- the anvil is bolted down so it wont fall off the log, but I guess it is tall enough for the whole thing to topple over. I saw some reference with leather straps holding/tying them both to the ground. It look pretty cool, so maybe I will add in down the line.