Home Technical Talk

[Maya] Material List... Now with Menus

Replies

• Cathodeus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
    While they added your tool to their tool, i really think they'll be ok to increase the complementarity of both (dDo become better with your script) ! I know a bit Teddy and he's a smart guy he'll understand that !
  • chenguan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    many thxs glad this turn in a pro tool.
    is a great tool.used it every day.
    thanks
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    Glad its of use to you! If you are using the 2013+ version, there have been more updates:
    Bartalon wrote:
    Bug Fixes
    1. Fixed an issue where all the texture auto-assign buttons were attaching everything to the color channel rather than their respectful channels.
    2. Added a menu option under Window to automatically fix the docked window when it occasionally stops refreshing properly.
    3. Fixed an issue where the window would not refresh after deleting the diffuse color channel.

Get the update here.
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Bartalon wrote: »
    Glad its of use to you! If you are using the 2013+ version, there have been more updates:

Get the update here.

Hey,
    For some reason I'm getting this error when I try to load the script:

Error: "C:/Users/xxx/Documents/maya/2014-x64/scripts/materialList_2013.mel" line 117.23: "$object" is an undeclared variable. //

It's not happening with the previous version D:

P.S: I tried putting it in the 2014-x64/scripts and prefs/scripts folder. Nothing changed.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    ya has nothing to do with the file location on line 116, and 117 there is a variable that is used but not defined anywhere, from his code i cant really tell if it was supposed to be a argument, or a global variable from a other procedure.
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks for bringing this up. The new version I saved out was working for me so that's strange. I'll post again once I find the problem.
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby wrote: »
    ya has nothing to do with the file location on line 116, and 117 there is a variable that is used but not defined anywhere, from his code i cant really tell if it was supposed to be a argument, or a global variable from a other procedure.

I'm self-taught in MEL/programming so I don't know the best or correct way to organize code heh :\

Line 116 and 117 were the problems, it was calling a global variable that wasn't defined inside the procedure. I have updated the link and it should work now! Sorry about that.

Latest Version Here
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    ya your doing good making something like this if your just starting to get familiar with mel.

as far as code organization, you should be trying to use global variables less, and use function arguments and returns in there place, This makes it easier to read the code, and also prevents conflicts with pre-existing global vars from maya or other scripts.
  • SMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Dennis the script worked flawlessly. I use Maya 2013 on Mac OSX as this is the only Maya License I have and your plugin worked right out of the box. I then ported the resulting maps and meshes to my cloud then brought them down to a Windows machine to get the Photoshop/Xnormal/nDO/DDO/Marmoset magic performed... The script saves me a lot of time browsing the Hypershade and Hotbox to assign the Mats...

Just Awesome... Thanks again man...