Home Contests & Challenges Archives

ESCAPE - CONTACT - Rens

It's about time I drop my concept in here,

So the scope and team size initialy was rather big and aimed at pushing ourselfs to go big, but crunchsyndrome is heavy on a lot of us so there is little opportunity for now.

Hence I will try and go bezerk or full retard myself on this and see how far I can get.
It will mean cutting a lot of corners and doing lots of steps in a concept style to sketch a mood rather then to display art that is polished.

What I have in mind is for it to be a warm up for a larger project I've been meaning to do for a long time. A diorama in the halo universe or based on related scifi. I will create a spin on it now and make it a scifi conflict between two factions, where one is getting invaded, their ass kicked and has to retried.

It will take place in an industrial scifi setting, lots of firework and areas for me to try out tricks and work on my skillset. I will try and document steps and breakdowns that are worth sharing. So ya the contest is more to have a deadline where I can boost some skills with, if its worth submitting when the time comes then thats great.

Ofcourse tons of halo reference, aswell as i draw a lot of inspiration from Sparth.
You can see why, http://sparth.tumblr.com/

tumblr_lu69biaMW91r5ajivo1_1280.jpg

direction.jpg

blockout1.jpg

blockout2.jpg

blockout3.jpg

So lets do thies!

Replies