Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

beginner needs help

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
AA3D polycounter lvl 3
hello polycounters
first i would like to thank every 1 in this awesome community .
iv been lurking ( im sure u heard this word alot :) ) around here learning from u guys ...

to the point then :
iv been working on this character that turned out as a pile of crap
due to loads of mistakes ...
decided that im going to redo the whole thing ..
so i figured .. its time to post on polycount ..
in hope that i will get some comments , crits or advice to avoid making mistakes with the new character .

so here is the high poly

low poly with normal map

wire

sorry for black boarders :poly122:

C&C r welcome

also i got a question :
as u can see from the wire the model is 2 pieces + shoes
and was supposed to have more accessories and details ... which i was going to model later ..
with my previous tests accessories were deforming really bad when it comes to rigging ... i couldnt at all give them the same wight as whats under them ...
so im i supposed to include accessories in the actual 1 mesh while retopoing ?

thx for ur time :)

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I think you can have the other objects be floating geometries as long as you're fine with having to rig them properly, which it sounded like you weren't having a terribly easy time doing so.

I'm probably going to run into the same issues you are soon here.

Sepaking of more concept issues:

Do you have a concept? Because I have questions like: What is the character? Why does she look typically sexy? What is she? Who is she? Why does she wear those clothes and those particular accessories?

If you don't, I highly suggest you think out the character with some line art, so your 3D just becomes a technical experience as opposed to having to deal with more conceptual issues than necessary.

Pretty solid body mesh for a beginner.
  • AA3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AA3D polycounter lvl 3
    I think you can have the other objects be floating geometries as long as you're fine with having to rig them properly, which it sounded like you weren't having a terribly easy time doing so.

I'm probably going to run into the same issues you are soon here.

Sepaking of more concept issues:

Do you have a concept? Because I have questions like: What is the character? Why does she look typically sexy? What is she? Who is she? Why does she wear those clothes and those particular accessories?

If you don't, I highly suggest you think out the character with some line art, so your 3D just becomes a technical experience as opposed to having to deal with more conceptual issues than necessary.

Pretty solid body mesh for a beginner.

thank u mr JadeEyePanda for the link
    going to follow it :)
    about the concept ... i dont have a particular concept ... just a few refs about female anatomy
    will think about a story for the character while redoing
    propably even change it alot
    thank u very much