Home Technical Talk

Zbrush how to constrain drag dot

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Cathodeus polycounter lvl 14
Hello,

I use drag dot and i want to place an alpha all arround my mesh without having the alpha rotating while fallowing my mouse. I want it to keep the direction of my alpha than place a x and y constraint like in photoshop when we press shift. Actually if i press shift i can constrain just one axis.

Is it possible ?

Replies

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    what do you mean?
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drag an alpha out using the drag dot stroke. It rotates seemingly randomly (but more than likely aligning to the current vertex under the mouse or something). He wants it to not do that.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Well I am not sure if I understand this well , but when I use drag dot on a curved surface , on the borders of sight the alpha gets distorted....

When I want to have a uniform projected alpha around A curved object I usually get better results by having the model uvmapped and then paint the alpha map on the texture and upload as alpha map , apply on it and use ...

not sure if this is what you were looking for but also I am not that good yet at zbrush ...
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I think DragDot is designed to rotate around the z-axis depending on the stroke direction. There's always Projection Master?
  • jengy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jengy polycounter lvl 12
    If you quickly press and release, it will drop the alpha using drag dot. 
    Though you're right, there should be a way to drag without the angle changing at all.
    Hope that helps for now.