Home General Discussion

Last Knight on Steam Greenlight

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Davision3D polycounter
Update:
Last Knight has been released for iOS!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/last...581979834?mt=8
PC/Mac version is taking longer, release for that version is scheduled for January

Just added my game Last Knight to Steam Greenlight! Greenlight is the today launched community approval system for indie games on steam.

You might already know about the game from the work in progress stuff i posted in the WAYWO thread. Its almost 2 years now that i have the game in the works, working on and off on it when i had time. The plan is to get it finished this year and hopefuly i can release it over steam then.

Here is the video of it, also explains a lot of the game:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpDCDWZ5mE"]Last Knight - Introduction to the game - YouTube[/ame]

Check out the greenlight page here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92914705
Please also give it a vote there, every vote helps.

I made it with the UDK, lots of Kismet craziness. World gets randomly created from level chunks i made in 3ds Max and some smaller objects. All of the characters and creatures/animals have ragdoll physics, so you can really hit them with lance and when you die smash with physics into the environment.

Replies

• Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Congrats man! Saw this on toucharcade.com the other day. Looking forward to it.
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    it looks good, but i doubt this is something i'd want to play on pc, looks more of a game for mobile devices
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    looks really great man! Only thing throwing me off is the screen flashing blue and slowing down whenever you hit an enemy - I keep thinking I'm getting hit and about to die! It's like that in a lot of other games so that's what my expectations are, haha
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    man that looks awesome!
  • Tekoppar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    So what price point are we looking for here? The game really oozes quality from the video but the price point is gonna be what determinates whatever I greenlight this or not.
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    Tekoppar wrote: »
    So what price point are we looking for here? The game really oozes quality from the video but the price point is gonna be what determinates whatever I greenlight this or not.

is it really that hard to hit the +1 button to rate it up that cost you nothing? you took more time writing your reply than it would have taken to do a kind gesture towards a fellow pc member.

anyways, looks fun. rated it up for ya and sent it off to some friends. good luck.
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    I feel like it could benefit greatly from a curvature shader, such as any you might find in minecraft.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Thanks! Spreading the word definitely helps a lot.
    Already got a lot of response on Greenlight. That Games count is also raising really fast, already more then 200 games and counting.
    bounchfx wrote: »
    looks really great man! Only thing throwing me off is the screen flashing blue and slowing down whenever you hit an enemy - I keep thinking I'm getting hit and about to die! It's like that in a lot of other games so that's what my expectations are, haha
    Good point, it should support the slomo occurring then. Maybe its no problem anymore if I get it more smooth and les intense.
    Scruples wrote: »
    I feel like it could benefit greatly from a curvature shader, such as any you might find in minecraft.
    What is a curvature shader?
  • nullfed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nullfed polycounter lvl 9
    Ragdoll horses! in slo-mo!

It looks great. Especially if it is a one person op. thumbs up :)
  • Scruples
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scruples polycounter lvl 10
    Example of what I would call a curvature shader. v
    B001CM0PR8.01.lg.jpg
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    thx nullfed

@ Scruples
    Now i know what you mean! :) The thing is that you would be able to look much further and that would make it much easier because you can see the obstacles and enemys already from far away. That and because of jumping is also why i made the camera so much looking down. Is there somewhere a unreal shader that moves vertexes like this based on distance? I think it would be cool to just try it, just to see how it looks.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Last Knight has been released for iOS!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/last-knight-hd/id581979834?mt=8
    PC/Mac version is taking longer, release for that version is scheduled for January

Here is the iOS Launch Trailer:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5r0fj4zbkM"]Last Knight Launch Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Btw, there is also a polycount easter egg in it. :)
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottP polycounter lvl 10
    Sick!

Been looking forward to this one.. Does it run on iPad 1?

Ive been noticing all the new games do not run on it due to Apple quiting its support for updating it.. Grrr.

Hope this one sells well for you, it looks like a great iOS concept design!
  • OniLolz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OniLolz polycounter lvl 13
    Looks really fun!
    Any chance of an Android release?
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    I also made a special youtube advent calendar here: http://www.tocogames.com/ac
    ScottPetty wrote: »
    Sick!

Been looking forward to this one.. Does it run on iPad 1?

Ive been noticing all the new games do not run on it due to Apple quiting its support for updating it.. Grrr.

Hope this one sells well for you, it looks like a great iOS concept design!
    Thx! Unfortunately it doesn't run on the iPad 1, only 256mb ram are just not enough for the Unreal engine really. For Apples standard the iPad 1 is already very outdated. I feel already outdated with my iPad2 that I have not bought too long ago, there is already the ipad3 and iPad4.

@ OniLolz
    I would love to be able to release it for Android but the UDK just don't allow it. Android support is only for companys that pay the full license for the Unreal engine.
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottP polycounter lvl 10
    Ya I know the Ram is limited but it's still more powerfull than a iPhone 3G. When working on 2013: infected wars which uses unreal for iOS the iPad1 always gave better performance than the iPhone 3G and even 4g. So I don't really understand why they would drop support like this. iim starting to think its to pressure people into buying the newer tablets.

Either way, guess I won't be playing this one. Bummer!
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Nice work mate, upvoted!
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    ScottPetty wrote: »
    Ya I know the Ram is limited but it's still more powerfull than a iPhone 3G. When working on 2013: infected wars which uses unreal for iOS the iPad1 always gave better performance than the iPhone 3G and even 4g. So I don't really understand why they would drop support like this. iim starting to think its to pressure people into buying the newer tablets.

Either way, guess I won't be playing this one. Bummer!
    Yea well, Last Knight is also a special case where the world needs to get assembled while you play and everything can appear all the time. So the whole big world is all in one map.

@PeterK
    thx :)