Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dragonkin Warrior

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
Been working away on this thing for a few hours in the evenings for the last week or so and decided i may aswell make him into a full game character.

I want to make him some kind of warrior/hunter with a spear and light armor. I've been looking at a lot of samurai and aztech images and i think a mixture of those two styles of clothing would be a nice mix up for this guy. All the complicated layering and stitching of samurai armor combined with the patterns, symbols, feathers and animal themes of aztech gear.
the-last-samurai-movie.jpg

Aztec_Indian_Window_Rock_New_Mexico-1024x768.jpg

Sculpt so far, playing about with some kind of colour scheme aswell, all the high freq alpha stuff is on a seperate layer that i can turn off, just slapped it on there to see how the forms mesh together with scales ontop. Still very rough all over.
dragonkinsculpt2.jpg

He started off as a speed sculpt but using dynamesh and qremesher you can get a pretty clean basemesh out of anything now... here's a little timelapse i recorded of the initial blockout. I have videos saved of all the progress so far so i may upload them at the end if people are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFwM3soLKO4&list=UUcBlmEJStNge5WhyMnxPudg&index=2&feature=plcp

As usual, crits, comments and suggestions are more than welcome!

Replies