Home Technical Talk

Website Questions

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys I am getting ready to put up my portfolio website, but before I do, I have a few questions. How big should my screen shots be on my page ? Is okay that my home link is embeded in my banner ? And should my resume be downloadable or a pdf or both ?

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Resume, typically, is uploaded as a word file, and a pdf. Often times it is also embedded in the webpage, to let people read it without "downloading" anything. You want to give the employer no excuse to complain about something being hard to find, or in the wrong format.
    And, yes, a lot of people put their home link in their banner; should be fine. It's usually peoples instincts to click on the banner, anyway, to get back to the home page.

And, the screenshots should be big enough to show all the details. In fact, up to 2000x2000 is perfectly reasonable, and I've seen even bigger ones. But make sure they don't load on the main page that way, or else they may take a while to load. You want a smaller version, that, when you click on it, links to the huge one.

Here is my favorite example of "AWESOME portfolio": http://paulsvoboda.net/
    It exhibits all of that.
  • tehrobster2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks a lot my friend! That answers a lot, and I will get started finishing up the website =D.