Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

face help? first attempt

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
jermaineb polycounter lvl 13
so here's my first attempt at some zbrush face modeling. i wasn't basing it off of anything i was just messing around made some hair and then eventually wanted to add a face to it, but it still seems off. would very much like C&c. help? please? *hides in corner* :poly122:
womenpractice.jpg

Replies

• jermaineb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    -bump-
    anyone has any valueable c&c?
  • ericdigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ericdigital polycounter lvl 13
    Well you said yourself it wasn't based off anything so I would recommend going back and picking reference to work from. You'll be able to learn much more effectively that way :)
  • jermaineb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i kind of was going for a somewhat traditional sculpted woman with hair. any say on proportions or anything? i shall definitely go and make another sculpt based on someone.
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    Just forget about this one and start over on one where you look at reference. As far as C&C I'd say the face is too short, eyes are in the middle of the head. Face is too round in the profile view, shes looking very gerudo, which is fine stylistically but not realistically.

I would start out using X symmetry so you can understand the face easier, its more difficult to sculpt faces without symmetry. Right now the face lacks structure, it looks like a face sculpted from a blob of clay, which is what it is but thats not the look your after. Start at the lowest sub division levels and work your way up based on a reference and you should do a lot better.
  • jermaineb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok i shall retry it again. ill definitely plan it out more, when i started i just used z spheres and then once i got into the sculpt and tried to do symetry for the face the axis wasnt in the middle of the face so i had do it all individually, but i am off to do it again :P

I love gerudo's lol XD