Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Daniel's Art thread

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Danielmn polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys,
so I am sorry I am been bad about posting lately but that is over now.

To kick it off thought I thought I would post up a little logo I did for client. Actually its an art test.

here is where I started they had the logo already done and asked me to replicate maybe improve

original:

iLGClVw8j4iBH.jpg

and here is my straight max render:

i0onA9vliNaTu.jpg

and after some color correction and ps work I ended with this

ibj1PqKBBNNpns.jpg

Replies

• Danielmn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and after that I took a break cam back to it, wasn't completely satisfied with it
    cam back fixed a few geo problems and soften up a few edges.

straight max render

ib0tGqVVg5lxx2.jpg

then did some ps work, added some light rays and came up with this that I am now much more happy with.

ibmS42HXxwYShN.jpg

feel free to make any comments, always interested in improving my concepts.
  • Danielmn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here are some other recent works:

iIeXJjMPagDqT.jpg

iel0Ue73tCg6X.jpg
  • Aga22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aga22 polycounter lvl 11
    i really like the work on the last one , the harbor, however two things:
    depth of field in a large scale environment tends to make it look like a closeup on a maquette. i would avoid that.
    and the waves are too large. if you fix those two and some overexposure on the pavements and such, its gonna be photoreal.
  • Danielmn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks aga22 for the notest

here is a tacticle pen that I found on a really cool site and I felt like I had to model it.

iAcx8Id3dV4DP.jpg
  • Danielmn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    also I finally got soft light card sources to work in 3d max mental ray and I miss using these things, still not nice as the ones in vray but these come pretty close.

The teapot is something I have been working on and always go back to.

iwrGnL9ELGVZp.jpg
  • Danielmn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys ok just got out of a big project and I am missing to something really detailed.
    So I found some pieces I am interested and thought I would put see what you guys thought.

It will be a hi poly that I bring to Lo poly and then texture off

Probably will do a combination table and clock maybe even a wall piece.

But my goal is to crank out the pieces hi poly in two days. At least do as much as I can.

So let me know what you guys think.
    i1oApdOO6oNwX.png

ihD54omKZr65t.jpg

i04y0mjs7HBr9.jpg

ibmtjN1wdE1X0x.jpg

iwAbihEPhqcoN.jpg

ijjPailTsDe6d.JPG

iWPwEajFfe5IQ.jpg

ibgBrxVFaqgU7T.jpg

so I am thinking defiantly do the clock cause I found tons of reference for that and the rest
    I may ony have lik 1 photo for but, that not too worry some as they are very hi res photos and one corner can be copied 3 times around the object.

ps the baroque environment of the clock and environment kinda lit a fire under me and I am going with it. So thanks for kick in the pants I needed to keep at it.
  • Danielmn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey guys
    sorry been really busy lately had a some quick turn around projects come in.

But here is another,
    basically got to build as much of this site as I can in the next day or so, might get some time in few days to touch things up.

icqsSctYqQhys.jpg

obviously a whole bunch of stuff to model I have some footprint to these bldgs but not much and with a fast as I got to do this I wont have a lot time to check a bunch of references.

This and the aerial from google and a few shapes of the footprints is what I got.

after getting my camera to match cause that want a very similiar view this is what I have after and hr or so of modeling.

Keep you guys up to date.

i7rAVwqUmzu3O.jpg