I just spent the last two hours trying to find a 3DS Max modeling package that I tried a year or two ago and want to play with again. Obviously I forgot the name of it, but if I remember correctly :
- It certainly wasn't Polyboost, CSpolytools, Meshtools, RappaTools, or anything by Miauu or Marius.
- One of the key features is that it allowed for "painting the edge flow" straight within the model. Not like retopology (Max-retopo or Wrap-it style). In a way it was a bit similar to Marius' Poly Flow script, but closer to what an "advanced cut tool" could be.
- The toolset was even modifying the display behavior of 3DSMax, using new colors (bright orange, green...) for preview, kind of like Nex does in Maya.
- I believe it was brushed-based.
- Last, I think that the demo video featured a cube being poly edited in all kind of interesting ways. The pitch was about the tools being close to sculptor tools rather than usual polygon editing tools.
I admit that this is very cryptic ... but I am pretty sure that at least a few people here are using it regularly
Thanks if you can help!