adam polycounter lvl 19
Creeeeeepy http://thefourthkind.net/

Man, gave me chills.

Replies

• ChrisG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChrisG polycounter lvl 14
    i fucking shit myself thanks. It makes it worse that its 1am and noone is in...o shit there is a noise at the window, it looks like an owAAARRGGHHHHH
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    HOLY SHIT, not a good thing to watch right before you wander out into the woods behind your house just as the sun is slipping behind the horizon. You might start to see things. Hear things.

Kept getting the feeling something about the size of an emaciated 4 year old Ethiopian child was just up ahead of me darting in and out of the trees.

Chasing it seamed like a bad idea, but I had to figure out what it was.

When I finally came to a clearing I realized whatever it was was no longer ahead of me, but had instead found its way right behind me.

I could hear the all of the insects fall dead silent, just as a slender white finger came to rest on my shoulder....
  • Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    Why do the aliens always abduct Americans? I mean yeah, besides the fact that we rule, and are all totally awesome, and none of the other nations have people half as cool and so the aliens totally don't want to hang out with those losers.
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Easy Answer: We are the most easily brain washed.
  • jocose
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    So, it's just an alien abduction movie, but with an owl?
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not "a owl" "the owl"..... :poly122:
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    This movie looks like the shit. And the fact it's based off of real life stuff (real or not) makes it even freakier.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Hahaha... oh, no... my parents used to get us so scared of aliens and ghosts as kids. This movie looks fascinating.
    [edit] I drew some barn owls earlier in the year. They're incredibly cute. Heart-shaped faces of predatory doom.

[19:03] Mori: the mainly scary part was how they pixellated her face
    [19:03] Vrav: yeah that was the scariest part
    [19:03] Mori: now there is just an owl
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    you guys need to go buy some monistat :)
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    Bah. This looks stupid. American horror movies suck now.
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    I thought the trailer was at least well choreographed, in comparison to other 'horror' films.
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bah. This looks stupid. American horror movies suck now.

Just out of curiosity what is your favorite horror movie?
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    jocose wrote: »

the polar express!

docudrama/horror alien flick = win
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    jocose wrote: »

I know this wasn't directed at me but Event Horizon kicked my ass back in the day. Towards the end i was the only one still up, and my friend ripped ass right befhind me at one of the most tense moments in the movie. I'm not making this up, one of the biggest scares of my life.
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Cthogua
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cthogua polycounter lvl 18
    The trailer reminded me a lot of Communion. That movie FUCKED ME UP. The thing is 90% of it isn't scary at all and by the end it's fucking weird, but there is one particular scene in that movie that nailed me harder than any horror movie has EVER scared me. Anyone that's seen the movie probably knows the scene I'm talking about, where he thinks something is in his room....and then that little face slides out from behind the door or the cabinet or whatever...fuck that still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Meeehhhhh... I have to agree with OBlastradiusO, although I am a pussy when it comes to "scary" movies, I am admittedly getting tired of these western horror flicks... but I think now a days I look for more of the "fucked up - creepy - abnormal" type stuff rather then the quick jumps of "scares" here and there.

But I do remember this one video, way back in the day (was still in public school I think). Me and a buddy at the time had rented this movie that was supposedly real... one of those ghost hunting type movies (really love that kinda stuff). And it was shot with just a camcorder, and there was this one scene where this dude is looking into the mirror... and then all of a sudden this FURKED up thing appears behind him and that just FUCCKKKED me up, me and my buddy ran from the basement and didn't go down for the rest of the day... so awesome. I can't explain what it looked like... but with the camcorder quality, the unsuspecting-ness (new word) and knowing (or thinking) that this was real... almost shit myself.

I WANT MOAR OF THAT!
  • Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This was creepy, I'll never go to Alaska :)
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I remember a show that had recreations of alien encounters, and "home videos" i miss those. I just wish i knew what it was called so i could see if its on the internet somewhere.

I remember one episode quite well as it was on of the "home video" types where they were sitting down for thanksgiving dinner when a lights go out and a light appears outside in the woods. A few go to check on that and as they get closer the kid freaks out so they go back inside. The power wont come back on, so they decide get in the truck and to go into town. The truck wont start so they open the hood and find it all melted out, this quickly rushes them all inside. They start to hear noises from upstairs but everyone in the family is accounted for. Then it stops and they start hearing sounds on the porch, the kid wants to get away from that so he gets his mom to take him upstairs. They take him upstairs to their bedroom and puts him in bed and checks the room and locks the window. Then she hears a scream from down stairs and rushes away to find out what happened. A few seconds after she leaves the door slowly creeps open and the kid can see part of an alien so darts for the bathroom and locks in behind him and jumps in the shower/tub and hides. The door unlocks and opens and the alien pulls the curtain back the kid screams and the camera goes off.

Thats what i remember anyway.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    adam wrote: »
    Creeeeeepy http://thefourthkind.net/

Man, gave me chills.

Pansy..

not scary at all.. in fact I got a boner Milla is in it !
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Adams just afraid cause he lives closer than we do here in the continental US.. ;)

But as said, it goes after Americans. You Canadians have nothing to fear.

I remember Fire in the Sky. The movie was forgettable.. EXCEPT the one spot where he is climbing up that internal cylindar/tower thingy, where each alcove had a body. He goes in one and reaches out to one of the"victims", to find out its been digested or something, and his hand goes right into the bodies side like pudding.

Actually. 3:40 mark.... :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWVv_98qdGQ[/ame]
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol dude too much metamucil
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    That certainly was an excellent-ly well put together trailer.
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy wrote: »
    ^huh?^

related to Oxynary's post :P
  • PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Okay, so, no joking around...

A 9 foot tall spike monster with blades for eyelids can pop out of my closet, and I'm okay with that, I can deal... but if I see one of those gray aliens from half a mile away I will crap my pants and scream like a little girl while writhing around in a pool of my own piss.
  • frostymoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frostymoose polycounter lvl 17
    Cthogua wrote: »
    The trailer reminded me a lot of Communion. That movie FUCKED ME UP. The thing is 90% of it isn't scary at all and by the end it's fucking weird, but there is one particular scene in that movie that nailed me harder than any horror movie has EVER scared me. Anyone that's seen the movie probably knows the scene I'm talking about, where he thinks something is in his room....and then that little face slides out from behind the door or the cabinet or whatever...fuck that still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

That scene SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME.

My mom is really into the UFO thing. She reads UFO sighting report websites all the time and listens to whitley streiber's Dreamland as well as Coast to Coast AM... That stuff all freaked the hell out of me as a kid. Sometimes it still scares me late at night and I'm going to do my very best not to find out anything more about this movie...

Hell even Signs freaked me out...
  • yoyomon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yoyomon polycounter lvl 11
    I only saw Signs once but the most memorable thing in that movie was the first revelation of the alien (kids party scene).

The trailer is awesome. It certainly sent chills down my back...the owl...

I wonder how real the nested footages are. It'll be a real bummer if they where fake, which knowing Hollywood...