Home General Discussion

20 + 10: The story of Tagawa

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
John Warner polycounter lvl 18
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6UYtrtJOw[/ame]

I've got a friend doing editing work on this. He did the editing for the trailer here. He was hoping to get some thoughts on it....

Replies

• rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    thats awesome

nice mix of funny serious

Id like to watch all of it.
  • jocose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jocose polycounter lvl 11
    lol, I wonder how serious this is suppose to be? Is there some sort of message here?
  • konstruct
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    konstruct polycounter lvl 18
    wait what? is this real? I cant imagine that operation being legitimate
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 15
    They could be trying to fake the seriousness, and make people think it's real. But thats just my guess.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    as far as the editing goes... that really made me want to watch the movie... maybe shorten the length of time for the people talking about Tagawa... like the American guy... cut bits and pieces of it so that it gets to the point without the pauses and the awkwardness, which i do enjoy, but it slows down the trailer a bit too much. only show him speaking for just a second so we see his face, and then overlay his voice with other scenes.

cut out the whole beginning. it's not needed. leave the 20+10 for the viewers that go to see the movie, not everyone that sees the trailer too which would make the title a little more ambiguous and intriguing... plus the video footage in this area feels too much like a student camcorder video where the rest of the footage feels like a good documentary film.

the last 1/3 to 1/2 of the trailer is solid and really builds up a good sense of drama and intensity for the severity of what is going to happen.

so yeah, is this shit for real? sounds like some dr. moreau insanity.

edit: nevermind... i damn watched it like 5 more times... it has a good balance of shifting between the speaker and scenes... so exnay noay hetay mericanay ommentcay :P
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    I liked the editing very much, and the story itself is very interesting... I can't tell if its real or not, and at the very end "I will get you brain, from a pig" made me burst out laughing, and it looked like he was about to crack a laugh or something.

Either way I would defiantly want to see the entire thing :)
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    very well done. music overpowers the voices sometimes. but it really builds up drama.

ive never heard of an operation where a human brain was replaced by a pig brain. but it still sounds like a pretty sad story.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    00Zero wrote: »
    ive never heard of an operation where a human brain was replaced by a pig brain. but it still sounds like a pretty sad story.

since his brain stopped growing when he was 6, they are adding to his brain and not replacing it... at least that's what i gathered from it.
  • urgaffel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    urgaffel polycounter lvl 17
    Very good trailer, makes me want to watch it. Any release date you could give us? Where will it be screened?