Home General Discussion

Steam Account Stolen - Then Returned

Strange things happens...

Well, it goes like this; last night, one of my guys on steam friends contacted me with a link to a... Phishing website.

It was very late in the night so, naturally, having been modellling for quiet some time, my eyes lulled and I didn't manage to spot the signs as I entered my details.

A few minutes later, I was logged out of steam and bewildered. The dude had changed my password and again, naturally, I went onto ventrilo.

Well, apparently one of my mates was talking to the dude as he used my account which is when, at that point, I was informed that I'd been phished.

Basically, we did a whois lookup of the guy's website and, funnily enough, all his contact details were listed.

Facebook, steam account, address, name, msn.

Added him to msn. Linked him to his own facebook and the guy got so scared he gave me my account back. Funnily enough, he'd changed the password to 123456 and the last password I entered in an attempt to reclaim my account was 12345... Close enough!

Thing is, this guy is a kid, like, not even over 11 years old I'd say.

See it for yourself: http://www.facebook.com/alex.usherenko

He deserves to be humiliated. He tells me he has almost half of my group in his fishing net.

Valve were no help in this. Emailed them five times and each gave a reply that I need to have a 'steam support account' to get a response. What if that was the account that got stolen.

Replies