Home General Discussion

Anyone been to or lived in Brighton in the UK?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
Is the place nice? Good people? Stuff to do,good pubs?:)

Replies

• Target_Renegade
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    I lived there for 3 years whilst at uni, still got some friends there djing and partying hard. Lots to do, great night life, lots of ladies. Nightclubs for all types of music. Generally the people are alright, it used to be a resort for the Londoners in it's hey day. It can sometimes can be a bit of pretentious place to live, but there isn't much trouble, I didn't get into a fight whlst I was there. Its a young place, lots of good transport links.
  • metalliandy
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Brighton is a great place!
    Everyone is really chilled and its a very laid back city...the pubs are cool and the grub is fantastic.
    I would recommend you grab some spare cash and go shopping in "the Lanes", which is a few streets of independent shops that are run by the locals...you are bound to find some cool stuff there :)

Have fun :P
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    full of uni chicks.

enjoy!
  • Del
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Only been there a few times. Home of the biggest gay and lesbian community in the UK too, so there are tons of gay clubs.

If you're into that sort of thing...
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I used to live there for a few years. Nice place! Much like the rest of the UK you will see chav fights outside the pubs almost every day of the year but the people are very chilled out.

However when I used to live there we still had the draconian licensing hours, and smoky pubs. All that's changed I gather.

In general one of the nicest places to live in the UK if you need city life + a bit of nature.