Home Technical Talk

Maya tweak & connect tools

polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
Can someone point me toward a good tweak tool script/plugin for maya that has quick smooth access (like the move tool in zbrush)?

Also, anything similar to maxs connect function (w/ pinch and slide built in).

Replies

• hollaAtMe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maya 2009 has a "tweak" tool in it now where if you go into component mode, select a vert, edge, or face and hold the ~ key you can tweak verts, edges and faces around. It works best if when you are holding the ~ key you move the components with your middle mouse button instead of left clicking and moving them.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    the same tilde tweak is also in maya 2008 ext 2 otherwise jes turn on the tweak option in yer transform tools options. ( which might also be preferable to holding down the tilde when in a heavy tweak sculpt session )

for brush like behavior remember to use the b hot key to enter and set soft fall-off.

fer quick zbrush like shift-smoothing. a script would have to:
    On hot key press on..
    record yer current selection.
    select yer mesh at the object level
    enter the sculpt polygon tool with the smooth or relax option
    On hot key release...
    restore original selection
    restore the previous tool

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well DiamantUV seems to have what I'm looking for but I cant use it cause I don't have a regular net connection (which it requires) atm. I did find another tool similar to what I want called Magnet, but it lacks a smooth option (and the mel has no commenting making it much harder to augment...).

As for Mayas built in tweak tool, its ok, but not quite what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help though.
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 18
    you dont need to hold down ~ to tweak. there is a toggle check box to turn on tweak mode.
    hold W + left click to check that.

what you are asking for is best done in sculpting applications but you can somewhat mimic it by having soft selection("b" toggles soft selection) on and in face selection mode. also dont use face center selection method.
    go to preferences>settings>selection>polygon selection> select faces with - whole face
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    PolyHertz wrote: »
    Well DiamantUV seems to have what I'm looking for but I cant use it cause I don't have a regular net connection (which it requires) atm. I did find another tool similar to what I want called Magnet, but it lacks a smooth option (and the mel has no commenting making it much harder to augment...).

As for Mayas built in tweak tool, its ok, but not quite what I'm looking for. Thanks for the help though.

do u have a link to this magnet script?
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message