Home General Discussion

Strange Dreams

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
I have pretty strange dreams rather often but never get the chance to share them with anybody.

please feel free to share your own
I just woke from a pretty weird one today.

I was in the air force again. I was a work at my squadron fixing airplanes, but I was just chillin in the office with the dudes. They all kept telling me that I had to go out and work on the planes but I reallllllly didn't want to because it was raining and i fucking hate working on air planes. I began to protest and then my bosses (the ones who in real life told me I was a faggot for leaving the military to go to art school and now I make the video games that those assholes play every day) started harassing me about my beard and the fact that I had really long hair. Then something occurred to me. It was 2009. So I pulled out my military ID card and it said that my separation date was March 2006 and I realized that I wasn't even active duty anymore. I then exposed myself and began to urinate on their boots while holding my expired ID card in front of their faces.

I woke up happy.

Replies

• Luxury
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luxury polycounter lvl 18
    To quote Dennis Reynolds:
    I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care.
    :D
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Pope Adam wrote: »
    I then exposed myself and began to urinate on their boots while holding my expired ID card in front of their faces.

I woke up happy.

You give a new meaning to wet dreams :P
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL MJ FTW

I had a dream once when R. Kelly was trying to steal my ex wife away from me... that was fuckin strange

I've just had some of the most fucked up dreams llately. Really weird and stressful ones Like, dreams where I kill people and like it, or dreams where I've committed atrocious crimes and stuff... things I would never dream of doing in real life and I wake up terrified.
  • A.Kincade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A.Kincade polycounter lvl 9
    Interesting topic my friend. Very interesting outcome for that dream you had. Is this one you've had multiple times?

I occasionally have dreams of stuff from the past, I somewhat know where I am in it and vividly recall people but not their faces. I start off fine but eventually the place I thought I knew would become something completely foreign but similar in some spots. I then wake up once I've found someone or something that I thought I was looking for.

Sorry if that was confusing or sounded weird. I find that I can recall dreams the best after naps or in the morning I get up to take the whiz and then I go back to sleep for a couple hours and I can usually have a good grasp of what just occurred.

I have also heard if you don't have anyone to tell these dreams to, just try and keep a pad a paper near by to jot down some notes of what you can remember. After awhile you might be able to understand and almost control your dreams differently. Cool topic bud.
  • Shinsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shinsen polycounter lvl 9
    I always dream Im in the middle of the ocean with nothing around me but water, i swim around some and then I put my head in the water to see whats below and I see shadows of huge sea creatures turning around me.

I wake up scared but somehow amused
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    holy shit that would be fucking awful!!!!! i'm terrified of the ocean
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I dreamt I was hitler and was being chased through the country side by a bunch of gestapo officers.
    I escaped down a side road and had a bit of a barbecue with a bunch of burgers, sausages etc but was worried in case the gestapo interrupted my barbecue.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    Ruz wrote: »
    I dreamt I was hitler and was being chased through the country side by a bunch of gestapo officers.
    I escaped down a side road and had a bit of a barbecue with a bunch of burgers, sausages etc but was worried in case the gestapo interrupted my barbecue.

I think that is exactly what Hitler was thinking when they were covering him with petrol and fumbling for matches. :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had a dream the night before last that I was in control of a large metal block and it was the only thing that would stop whales from being harpooned. There where more harpoons then I could deflect. The harpoons where electrified so when I did block one it would shock the hell out of me, even though I wasn't physically connected to the big pong block.

I was watching Whale Wars just before bed...
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Pope I guess you miss the Air force. LOL The only time I dream of urine is because I'm warning myself that I really have to go... :D I had a dream was that I was tied down to like a chair with some kind of harnass, my head was shaved and some ahole was cutting into my brain. The messed up part was I was watching myself in third person. Of course when I have nightmares like this I'm never scared, odd.

I dreamed once that my ex girlfriend left me, we had just started seeing each other and I was sooo in love... In the dream I was running after her in the train station but she just ignored me and walked away and I couldn't reach her... I woke up really scared. So the nightmare didn't scare me at all but this lame dream did. It was awkward when I woke because she was right next to me and I woke her. :D
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol sage i have those same dreams.. the strangest ones wake me in awful sweats.

I've had dreams in the past with WoW icons and menu bars surrounding my third person camera of myself doing everyday things like laundry and eating stuff. Do laundry had a cast bar.
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    This is really entertaining to read through. 8)

The weirdest dream I remember was where the French inexplicably invaded the United States. My friends were getting shot all around me by guys in Napoleonic garb as I took cover in a trench in front of a Starbucks, and I was talking with this girl I had a crush on at the time. "The worst thing about it," I said to her gravely, "is that if we invaded France and took over, we would become French."
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    ive been taking Chantix to help quit smoking (15 years is too long!), and have been having crazy lucid dreams (one of its side effects). Last night i had about 3 or 4 dreams about people smoking around me, could smell it, and feel it. Kept jerking awake... was not very pleasant.

I'm mostly over anything physical with smoking, but these fucking dreams are not helping the mental bit :)
  • ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    Tonight I dreamed that the girl that sings "American boy" were juggling light bulbs in my kitchen wearing a bikini. I don't know what she looks like, but I know it was her because she was singing that song the whole time. On her shoulders she had what looked like extra nipples, I was very confused by that, but it turned out to be electrical conductors that made the light bulbs glow.....

True story O.o
  • gavku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gavku polycounter lvl 18
    ...last bight I dreamt I stole Leonard Nimoy's coffee grinder...it was from the future.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    haha il summarize and share mine. (last night)

I was playing counterstrike mixed with teamfortress 2 (character abilities) I had colt and spy cloak abilities at one point. I also later held a party in my house and some friends and I enjoyed swimming the pool.

I woke up refreshed and rested.

when im playing a game im not dreaming im on the computer but im actually there shooting and getting shot at. strategy games in my dreams are also a lot of fun. one bad thing: sucks getting shot...
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    I had a dream last night where I turned into a teenage mutant ninja turtle after eating a double stack burritto from Taco Bell. I had a womans bra for my face mask and some chop sticks for my weapon so I couldnt figure out which one I was. I went on a quest to find my identity when I ran into my step-mom...She was living in a tree house and her foot clan were a bunch of rabid chihuahuas...

And that's all I remember. Totally not eating nachos before I go to bed anymore.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    One of the best dreams I had was when I was in high school and had this wet dream about a giirl I was in love with. The worst part was when my MOM came and woke me and ruined it. :( You ever wake up in the middle of an interesting dream and they you try and fall back asleep to see if you can get it back... IT NEVER WORKS!!!!

I dreamt of my ex girlfriend and her grand mother before I ever meet them, it was the wierdest thing ever. It was sort of seeing your future of sorts. I dreamt once I was getting mugged, then a few days later in real life so I ran for the hills

NyneDown were you eating taco bell or "cherry pie"? :D
  • alexk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexk polycounter lvl 12
    Do you guys ever wake up, do your normal routine and go on with your day only to find that you're still asleep?! And then you wake up and all the things you did was actually a dream. That's a freaky feeling
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Gotta agree with Moose, the shit to help you quit smoking gives some CUH-razy dreams. I'm on the patch right now, and have had the weirdest god damn dreams I've ever had in my life.

One of note was I had to take my nephew and his girlfriend to prom, if you knew them that alone is beyond weird enough as they're both metalheads, and hate dances. But since I didn't wanna embarrass them I stayed outside, and left them alone. After a little waiting, one of their friends comes running out, screaming like a lunatic, saying "I gotta get out of here!!" and runs down the road. I go to the windowed doors to see what's what, and as I get close, my nephew comes out, covered in blood, with a cleaver in hand. His girlfriend is right behind him, with matches. They set the school on fire, and want me to leave so they can enjoy the romantic lighting....

Moral of the story? Get nicotine replacements if you want weird dreams.
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    I have weeks now and then were I constantly get crazy weird dreams... I'm in one of those weeks.

The biggest dream of note was a couple nights ago. I was out at the amusement park near me, going on rides (which is sorta normal, I dream about going to this park and the rides a lot). But then it got weirder, cause soon after I was staying at this fancy hotel with my friends. They decide they're tired and go to sleep, but I end up going to this big assembly of some sort. I don't know what it was for, but the next thing I know, I'm being told they're about to preform my song lyrics (I'm not a song writer...). I was actaully thinking, "my lyrics...?", and then saw this incredibly beautiful art book, flipped through pages of really lovely art, and on this one dark blue page were written my lyrics, which were very short. Anyway, the opening music was starting, the performers were taking their places, I was feeling more excited and enthusiastic and every positive emotion you could think of--when my alarm abruptly goes off. And I'm left with the strongest regret that I know I've lost the dream and can't get it back.

It doesn't sound too crazy, but what WAS crazy was how intense the emotions were. It was seriously the most excited and jubilant I think I've ever felt.
    Does anyone else have those dreams that bring forth emotions way stronger than you normally feel when awake?
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, Mezz, those are some of the worst dreams.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I dreamt last night that a race of aliens came to earth via various sized projectiles that crashed into stuff. the aliens themselves were like octopi or something that could float in the air. If they touched you, you would die, like that final fantasy movie.

however as I get older I have more dreams that involve intimate canoodlings with members of the opposite sex - which is a reason to dream in it's self.
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Last night I dreamt that I went back to Shanghai for work. The hotel put me into this crappy room, and didn't even give me the key to get in. So I was totally tired from flying so long, and the time difference that I was wandering around the hotel for a while (like the next day) till I found a couple of my co-workers. We all got into a van, and went to meet up with our outsource team at a McDonalds. I didn't recognize anyone on the team, either.

And for some reason it was Shanghai, but didn't look anything like it.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    Pope Adam wrote: »
    I was in the air force again. I was a work at my squadron fixing airplanes, but I was just chillin in the office with the dudes. They all kept telling me that I had to go out and work on the planes but I reallllllly didn't want to because it was raining and i fucking hate working on air planes. I began to protest and then my bosses (the ones who in real life told me I was a faggot for leaving the military to go to art school and now I make the video games that those assholes play every day) started harassing me about my beard and the fact that I had really long hair. Then something occurred to me. It was 2009. So I pulled out my military ID card and it said that my separation date was March 2006 and I realized that I wasn't even active duty anymore. I then exposed myself and began to urinate on their boots while holding my expired ID card in front of their faces.

I woke up happy.

AWESOME!!!! very cool, i love it

as i understand it, dreams are often a form of rehearsal or practice. subconscious learning and all that.. it looks like you're gaining a new degree of personal empowerment and self liberation.

MORE POWER TO YOU!!
  • Zack Fowler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    I won't bore you with the details of one I had this morning (it was like a TV show about running a TV show) but I was in the middle of a conversation with someone in the dream and heard a doorbell go off. In the dream I said out loud, "Wait, was that real?" and immediately woke up and hopped out of bed. It was so weird, like I consciously chose to wake up.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I once dreamt I was in a technicolor junkyard fighting junk robots (with cats inside their heads). I had a special shotgun that would blast color off of things.

Another time I was really sick and I thought I was a cube shaped robot, when I was half awake I believed I was just a large cube sitting on my bed and when I got any sleep it was just static/snow and random numbers.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I have nightmares, not dreams.
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    i was playing pool with a mexican, only the pooltable was covered in water and instead of balls we were using pizza slices, it was just bizarre.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    last night:
    Me with samurai sword vs. a buddy with a fencing foil
    I rocked the house except I got stabbed in the gut a few times and it HUUURRRRT!

I think painting/modeling weird dreams would be more interesting than writing them down
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Shinsen wrote: »
    I always dream Im in the middle of the ocean with nothing around me but water, i swim around some and then I put my head in the water to see whats below and I see shadows of huge sea creatures turning around me.

I wake up scared but somehow amused

The watery shadows are one of my biggest fears actually.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    totally. i mean, if you're swimming in some lake, really you're just floating above the ground with like a mile under you. what if the water suddenly disappeared. then you're fucked. you'd fall down to your death.
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    I had this one where some friends and I were captured by these Viet Cong dudes. They tied up all of my friends to some poles, and threw me in this cage made of logs about the diameter of telephone poles. It made me angry, so I punched to cage and it fell apart, then went to beat up all of the bad guys.
  • HntrLuc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    anyone else get those occasional dreams that are super ordinary? like basically theyre just a normal day of your life. then a few days later you find yourself "remembering" something that never actually happened.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    ^ ^

I woke up one morning, and i got out of bed. Took a shower, made coffee. Checked the weather, put on my jacket and walked to work.

Spent some of the morning in meetings, and worked on a few devtrack bugs, went for lunch, called the girlfriend, worked the rest of the morning, watching the time wind down till the end of the day. Talked about starting a game of TF2 after work with some coworkers then.. slowly things get a bit.. hazy orange.. and..

I wake up.

:/

Worst Dream EVER.
  • cw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cw polycounter lvl 17
    HntrLuc wrote: »
    anyone else get those occasional dreams that are super ordinary? like basically theyre just a normal day of your life. then a few days later you find yourself "remembering" something that never actually happened.

totally, i thought that was just me. in fact i didnt post this already because i felt wierd in case I am mad!

also have some dream which is a normal day of work then wake and realise i have to go do an actual day of work again!

i dont have fun dreams any more that i recall, just occasional odd ones.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Luxury wrote: »
    To quote Dennis Reynolds:
    I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them and nobody's having sex, I just don't care.

:D

HAHA. That pretty much sums up how I feel about listening to other people talk about their dreams. I think dreams are something that you have to experience first hand in order for them to be interesting. Hearing about dreams other people have had bores me to tears.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I have wet dreams about AstroZombie.
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have wet dreams about watching Astrozombie have wet dreams.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dreams can be interesting if you keep the story short and to the point:

I dreamt I was killing child ninjas with a lawnmower blade

I'm also thinking of modeling the stoplight obscura, it signals when it's time to cleanse the outer wastes