Home Technical Talk

Max 2010 shortcut key bugs

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
Maybe this just happens with Dot Loop/Ring, but when I set them to alt+L/G respectively they don't work like they're supposed too.

However, they're working fine from the bloated ribbon menu....

Replies

• ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, none of the ribbon tools work when set to keyboard shortcuts so far :(
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Whats the new alternative to the selecting faces to clone then ctrl+LmB click to copy those selected faces into a new object short cut? You have to select them click and drag is the only way to use it now...pos...

Yea and max2010 is full of crap that just doesn't work right at all...at least for me.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess they didn't bug test kb shortcuts this release, because none of this shit is working right....
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Hey, ironbearxl: You probably have the "keyboard shortcut Override Toggle" button pressed at the top. Its one at the top with the little black arrow point up. Deselect that and your good to go.
  • Neox
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Neox godlike master sticky
    its not bug its a feature, the keyboard override toggle "fixes" it, as brad suggested
    if you don't want to use any other function on that key, you'll have to find out which other function is bound to the key and remove it
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I deselected the override toggle, but setting dot loop (and others) to a shortcut still doesn't work. I also tried setting it to alt+ctrl+shift+L and it still doesn't work.
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, all my editable poly object shortcuts are working and a couple of the polytools as well, so far so good. :)

Distance connect just inserts a loop when done from a kb shortcut and dot loop doesn't work in edge loop mode from a kb shortcut. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also using Polyshift with a tablet pen (intuos 2), changing brush size, strength goes nuts for some reason.