Home General Discussion

3D-Coat V3 released!

V3 just released today. Really strong upgrade from v2

Also this guy has a great workflow between 3DC & Zbrush. 1st using Voxels and Auto-Quadrangulation then tidying up in Zbrush

The Per Pixel painting is a joy to work with.

Replies

• EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Voxels are awesome, I have a new toy :) Thanks for the heads up.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I really want see what it can do, the alphas were great fun and I should imagine 3dc3 is going to be even more refined in time. I still havent seen many people give it a try on a really heavy project but it seems quite capable of giving a unique and powerful workflow.
  • ghib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I only really bought 3DC as a replacement for Bodypaint to paint directly on a low poly mesh. Voxels for me are an added bonus.

It has some pretty clever clone & symmetry tools. But I've been pleasantly surprised with the Solid Retopology tools, baking and the speed with which Andrew implements new features.

He's also mentioned that he's thinking about offering the ability to paint with cavity mask based on an imported normal map so no more need to have High Res geometry in your scene when you're painting.

The feature list is too large to go into in 1 post; I'm discovering new things every day. Been using it for well over a year now and I only just discovered the 'Copy and Paste Parts of a Surface' tool which captures Colour, Depth & Spec from a surface based on your brush size and automatically creates a new Brush. Genius