Home General Discussion

Super Mario Bros. Wii...?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
odium polycounter lvl 18
The covered Nintendo stand looks interesting. Somebody snapped a pic of it and I've done a little deeper digging than some forum goers have, to get these clear results as to what it could be:

Original (Edited by the interwebs)
My edit
My Edit inverted

new_mario.jpg

So what do you think this could be...? I hope to GOD its a new Super Mario Bros. Game like Mario World, but for Wii... That would be amazing :D

Replies

• Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First thing Nintendo announced this morning...New Super Mario for the Wii.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/nintendo-e3/

The sound is really low? :(

Looks like the old Super Mario...
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Oh man it looks naff... Its 4 player MP and the graphics are EXACTLY the same as the DS from what I can tell :(

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...
  • Quokimbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium wrote: »
    Oh man it looks naff... Its 4 player MP and the graphics are EXACTLY the same as the DS from what I can tell :(

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

I know, what a let down, then right in to the Wii Fit! Why is everyone trying to make fitness games? There is nothing you can do without those games by walking outside, grabbing a jump rope, or hell use you tube and find some fitness videos. Fuck!
  • odium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Slightly cheaper as well to just, you know, go outdoors...
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    Really? I actually really liked the DS version. Ya, it would have been cool if they'd done a little more with it, but I'm totally fine with a big screen version of the DS game.
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    AH! There it is. New Mario Galaxy
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Tumerboy wrote: »
    AH! There it is. New Mario Galaxy

Joy!

Mario games are the only reason I buy Nintendo anymore and the only games that I can rely on to keep me hooked until the end.

I have never really had a proper run through of Mario on the DS so the port sounds like a great chance for me to grab some old school side scrolling Mario action aswell.
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    FAT_CAP wrote: »
    Joy!

Mario games are the only reason I buy Nintendo anymore and the only games that I can rely on to keep me hooked until the end.

I was a fan of nintendo games, but mario games have becomes fairly easy. I find myself not challenged by them anymore. Getting 1-up's in the newer games are just too easy.

Nintendo's strategy is a valid one of making things easier for a larger audience other than serious gamers, but doesn't make me like the route they're going. Not missing my Wii at all.
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Keg wrote: »
    I was a fan of nintendo games, but mario games have becomes fairly easy. I find myself not challenged by them anymore. Getting 1-up's in the newer games are just too easy.

Nintendo's strategy is a valid one of making things easier for a larger audience other than serious gamers, but doesn't make me like the route they're going. Not missing my Wii at all.

See for me this is one of the reasons I love the games!

The amount of times I play a game and get to the last few levels, keep getting killed by the same enemy/ stuck in the same place and just give up, never to go back is really infuriating.

I don't get anywhere near the amount of time to play games as I used to so small bite sized chunks of gameplay are exactly what I want and Mario is perfect at this. The new suits, tricks and level design that are kept fresh up until the last levels rarely make me feel like Im at a dead end in the game. Those damn red coin challenge levels (Super Mario Sunshine Im looking at you) are a whole other story though!